What to do when you can't sleep

sunnyla    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Really great question and something I think a lot of people can relate to. For me, I usually struggle to sleep if I have something troubling me or an issue from my day that is unresolved. This can often be the case for many others, particularly if you are feeling restless. My advice would be to try taking the time out to figure if there is something bothering you. Alternatively, there's a really great guide with our top tips here:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/the-sleep-guide-for-better-quality-sleep/

You could also give meditation a try. here's how to do it in just 10 steps:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/how-to-meditate/

Hope this helps!

- Harper

Staff-Account.png

Hey

I recently made myself put down my phone about an hour before bed and not check it when in bed, I know it sounds small but it really did make a difference to me.

Hope your sleeping better.

• Ditch the Label Staff

I often have trouble sleeping and find that not 'fighting' it is a huge help. I might just read or watch a film to distract myself until I doze off again. I know that if I try to hard to get back to sleep it just makes it worse!

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...

Late reply but I agree with Louise! turning off technology an hour or so before bed has helped me fall asleep easier, it's also a nice time to be able to relax and not have to do anything. A little bit of peace and you time can go a long way :)

• 1 year later...

I notice that in recent time, it lasts for about a month and a half, it is very difficult for me to fall asleep in the evening. Every day I wait until I can put the children to bed and go to bed myself. At first, the eyes just stick together, but if I go to the bed and put my head on the pillow - sleep just yet evaporates. Think to start drink pills what do you think, will they help me?

Edited by Blondie
Link removed.

• Ditch the Label Staff

@fujoos It's definitely worth visiting your doctor before taking any medication to help you sleep - never just buy online as your health is a priority.

Staff-Account.png

• 3 weeks later...

Have you've tried ASMR videos? There's some for sleeping.

There's some with quiet whispering, tapping, hand motions, role play, blowing, and many others. It's weird but it helps me. I recommend Latte ASMR, asmr zeitgeist, and Gibi ASMR. These are all YouTubers

Edited by Daya

• 2 months later...