A Writer's Dreams

Rocco Β  Β 

Basically I'm just gonna put random shiznit here, sometimes related to a book I'm writing, sometimes not. Oh and if someone could figure out how to turn on my brain that would be greatΒ 

Character 1:

Ritza. She's the first presented character. In a lot of ways, she's me, which eventually I'll need to rewrite.Β 

Ritza is brave, but motherly. That being said she will lock you in a choke hold the second an unkind word is spoken. She acts outgoing, but HATES socializing- probably because Ritz never learned how to socialize with more than two people.

6 hours ago, Rocco said:

Basically I'm just gonna put random shiznit here, sometimes related to a book I'm writing, sometimes not. Oh and if someone could figure out how to turn on my brain that would be greatΒ 

This is such a fantastic idea πŸ’‘ πŸ‘ πŸ˜€Β  can anyone join?

6 hours ago, Rocco said:

Hey there. We would love to hear more about your book! What is it about? :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there. We would love to hear more about your book! What is it about? :)

Basically, it's about a group of kids trying to unravel the magic mystery of a traitor long before their time- while figuring out each other, and the under-government's (what I'm calling the secret part of government) plans for them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocco said:

Basically, it's about a group of kids trying to unravel the magic mystery of a traitor long before their time- while figuring out each other, and the under-government's (what I'm calling the secret part of government) plans for them.

Sounds great - can't wait to hear more! :)Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Of course! I'm going to want some beta readers later on (though Β @Saphira would strangle me if she wasn't a first pick)Β 

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, Rocco said:

Of course! I'm going to want some beta readers later on (though Β @Saphira would strangle me if she wasn't a first pick)Β 

I would not strangle you!!!!!! Β Just grouchy hmph and not send you random fanart @Rocco

• 3 weeks later...

Eka: A main character whose usual language is sarcasm and kindness combined used to cover up the effects of her life on her mind

(-I won't spoil anything about her life, I'll save it for when the book is published, or if I achieve the MIRACLE of a "perfect chapter")

Ash: Another MC who's basically the most extreme kind of people pleaser you'll meet. They're the first character you'll meet, trying to find her friends' captor(s) as a coping strategy.

Buuuut this is kinda cheesy and sad, in an almost Catradora-type way. (Almost. I should dream to be so worthy)

"Eka?"Β 

Sleepily, I reached up for her hand, questioning. She didn't take it.

"You never would've forgiven yourself, if we didn't get him back. Go back to sleep. We'll both be here in the morning."

"I don't trust that. You can't promise what you don't know."

She looked back at me, waiting for my eyes to close again, studying me.

"Maybe. But I do know that you love him. We all see it. Nobody needs to read your mind to know that you love him, and vice versa. You'll always choose him." Her arms left her sides, thumbs fidgeting, as she usually did under stress.

For a moment, I thought I saw the same bitterness in her eyes I was holding away from mine. Eka now had my full attention, sleep forgotten.Β 

"I don't... I love him, just not like that. I love him because we've been there for each other. Eka..."

"What, Ash?" The gentleness returned to her voice.Β 

I could have told her everything. I could have said, right then, that she, somehow, has become my world in the span of a year. Instead, stood up, took her hand,

"I'm going with you."Β 

She never let go of my hand.

• 2 months later...

So today I'm thinking about people. Some suck, some are amazing. Some guy was really nice to me in the elevator today, then later his idiot of a friend puts his foot in front of one of my wheels on purpose, as a "joke." And I always think that the stares and the questions and the disbelievers are gone, disconnected from my life, but every time I've finally grown comfortable with myself again, someone else has to come in and remind me that I'm not normal.

Don't get me wrong, normal is almost an insult to me. I wouldn't be me if I WAS normal. But it's the little voices, the ones who won't say anything to my face that get to me. "There are only two genders" is especially a trigger for me, and I simply don't get why someone would say it out loud. And then there are those that say they know for a fact I'm faking my disability (because I would TOTALLY choose to be as behind as I am for all the days I've missed). Others ask like they suspect but they don't know. I'm only in the wheelchair sometimes, so it doesn't help, not really. Someone asked me today, didn't see who, why I use the wheelchair. I fully believe he only asked because I moved my legs to make myself more comfortable.Β 

And then we lose people. Sometimes ourselves, even. The last time I lost me, it was because I was somebody's whole world, and they were mine. I got so focused on him, and making HIM happy, I forgot about the things in my life that actually made it worth living. I never wanna be someone's whole world again, especially because the person I love doesn't deserve that. She has so many awesome interests, and I think it's amazing how much she can accomplish. I love how she doesn't need me for the things she enjoys the most, but we can still talk about it together and get excited about all the little things. I think that's all I've ever really wanted, too, just someone who likes the little things as much as I do. Not to mention she's the sweetest badass I've ever met, like a modern day Annabeth. Total nerd, will hit you with a thesaurus (literally) if needed.

• Ditch the Label Staff
6 hours ago, Rocco said:

So today I'm thinking about people. Some suck, some are amazing. Some guy was really nice to me in the elevator today, then later his idiot of a friend puts his foot in front of one of my wheels on purpose, as a "joke." And I always think that the stares and the questions and the disbelievers are gone, disconnected from my life, but every time I've finally grown comfortable with myself again, someone else has to come in and remind me that I'm not normal.

Don't get me wrong, normal is almost an insult to me. I wouldn't be me if I WAS normal. But it's the little voices, the ones who won't say anything to my face that get to me. "There are only two genders" is especially a trigger for me, and I simply don't get why someone would say it out loud. And then there are those that say they know for a fact I'm faking my disability (because I would TOTALLY choose to be as behind as I am for all the days I've missed). Others ask like they suspect but they don't know. I'm only in the wheelchair sometimes, so it doesn't help, not really. Someone asked me today, didn't see who, why I use the wheelchair. I fully believe he only asked because I moved my legs to make myself more comfortable.Β 

And then we lose people. Sometimes ourselves, even. The last time I lost me, it was because I was somebody's whole world, and they were mine. I got so focused on him, and making HIM happy, I forgot about the things in my life that actually made it worth living. I never wanna be someone's whole world again, especially because the person I love doesn't deserve that. She has so many awesome interests, and I think it's amazing how much she can accomplish. I love how she doesn't need me for the things she enjoys the most, but we can still talk about it together and get excited about all the little things. I think that's all I've ever really wanted, too, just someone who likes the little things as much as I do. Not to mention she's the sweetest badass I've ever met, like a modern day Annabeth. Total nerd, will hit you with a thesaurus (literally) if needed.

Hey Rocco! I wish people understood how frustrating and exhausting it is trying to navigate their awkwardness which leads to the situations you described.

This articleΒ sums it up quite nicely I think - I wonder if you agree?Β 

On another note, the person you love sounds amazing! I completely agree that even if part of a couple, it's really important to retain your own identity.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

@RoccoΒ heck yeah!!!! I will!!!!! Also you know that if you need anything other than to satisfy your seamingly endless desire to drop ice cream off at my house without warning. I am here. And that other kids in this area are jerks and we honestly just don’t need to listen to the ones who are. And he who must not be named was a horrible person Β and did not deserve you! Also you are the most incredible and interesting person I know and one of the only people who gets what I like to read and watch and helps me find new things to read and watch and you love the tiny things I make!!!

@BlondieΒ to clear things up because I know this is slightly confusing I know Rocco in person and they are my person, and we have been dating for almost six months now. Now if I only had a sword like Annabeth Chase does….Β 
but all seriousness Β I hope you both have a great day/night (covering my time zones) and will talk later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

@RoccoΒ heck yeah!!!! I will!!!!! Also you know that if you need anything other than to satisfy your seamingly endless desire to drop ice cream off at my house without warning. I am here. And that other kids in this area are jerks and we honestly just don’t need to listen to the ones who are. And he who must not be named was a horrible person Β and did not deserve you! Also you are the most incredible and interesting person I know and one of the only people who gets what I like to read and watch and helps me find new things to read and watch and you love the tiny things I make!!!

@BlondieΒ to clear things up because I know this is slightly confusing I know Rocco in person and they are my person, and we have been dating for almost six months now. Now if I only had a sword like Annabeth Chase does….Β 
but all seriousness Β I hope you both have a great day/night (covering my time zones) and will talk later

I love you

And I will totally take you up on that. Next time I bring ice cream it will be announced (and some for the siblings, too, because of last time)

The kids in our area ARE jerks. And I will totally get you a dagger some day because that would be AWESOME.Β  Little mini sword fights

Wait wait wait I did not say I wanted icecream in the first place. and YES but a costume dagger not a real one please

1 hour ago, ArtemisArt said:

Wait wait wait I did not say I wanted icecream in the first place. and YES but a costume dagger not a real one please

Wellll, I didn't say when, and I'm sure your siblings would love me even more if I brought them ice cream. And definitely, real daggers are for years later, when you won't have to worry about siblingsΒ 

-Oh by the way, what color shirts should the Pastor Sevi shirts be? I have a design I can send you later, but I don't wanna print the shirts until they're as good as they can be

Sky blueΒ 

• Like 1