Is this “friend” fake or real?

notsayingnameforprivacy    

So I have this friend who I've known for a couple of months. Everything was going okay until we started to get closer. Now that I'm not as shy anymore to her, she has been more rude to me? I don't know if it's just how she is with her friends, but she calls me absolute rude things, forces me to do things I don't want to, and dishes dirt on other people to me. Recently she called me a f*cking boy when I'm a girl? Is this a one sided friendship, or is that maybe just how she is as a person?

Hey

Thanks for your honesty.

I am going, to be honest with you. Regardless of a one-sided friendship which based on what you have shared it sounds like. Your friend's behaviour towards you is 100% not ok and bullying in nature. You deserve friend that respect you and are kind. How we feel around people tells us everything we need to know. Around good friends, I feel respected, valued, listened to and cared for. Around people that aren't friends I can feel nervous, not sure, doubting myself, wanting them to like me, offended and ignored.

Is it possible to take a step back and get some distance from this friendship?

Sending positivity and support

-Peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 1 month later...

Very good words Peach!!!

I agree with what Peach is saying. Furthermore, if this friend of yours is a friend that you feel like you cannot let go of, then you should talk to your friend about how you feel and what you believe she is doing to you (bullying, messing with, bothering, etc). I say this because some people may not realize that they are doing bad things until it is too late. If she acts the same towards you are does not feel like talking to you, then it is best to move on.

• 7 months later...