Hi I'm new

Harry18    

Hi my name is Harry and I glad to be apart of this group. I currently am suffering with mental health problems and is struggling to open up.

• Ditch the Label Staff
10 hours ago, Harry18 said:

Hi my name is Harry and I glad to be apart of this group. I currently am suffering with mental health problems and is struggling to open up.

Hey Harry so nice to meet you👋🏻, just want to say a big welcome to the forums.
I am Daisy a warden here, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give me a shout.

We have lovely mentors on hand if you feel like you need to talk to someone at any time, they are always here for you.

And lastly, we have an amazing and friendly community here so I am sure you will be warm welcomed by all.

Look forward to seeing you around, have a lovely weekend 😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harry18 said:

Hello @Harry18

Welcome to our community. You're definitely not alone in struggling to open up about your mental health; many people can find it uncomfortable being vulnerable like this, but I think the you've taken a really important step by coming to us here. How have you been feeling recently? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello @Harry18

Welcome to our community. You're definitely not alone in struggling to open up about your mental health; many people can find it uncomfortable being vulnerable like this, but I think the you've taken a really important step by coming to us here. How have you been feeling recently? 

Thank you l am currently feel well. 

22 hours ago, Harry18 said:

Thank you l am currently feel well. 

Hey Harry,

It's lovely to hear that you're feeling well. Would you like support or advice on anything from us? 🙂

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Harry,

It's lovely to hear that you're feeling well. Would you like support or advice on anything from us? 🙂

I would be grateful if I could get some advice.  I am currently though family problems and it has been affecting my mental health and causing me to go back to self-harming. Plus a person from my dark past came back recently and that is not helping with the other stuff. So in steps the most important thing is to stop the self-harming bit how can I stop?

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, Harry18 said:

Welcome!x

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, Harry18 said:

I would be grateful if I could get some advice.  I am currently though family problems and it has been affecting my mental health and causing me to go back to self-harming. Plus a person from my dark past came back recently and that is not helping with the other stuff. So in steps the most important thing is to stop the self-harming bit how can I stop?

Hello Harry,

Thank you for telling me more about what's going on for you. Also, I agree, the biggest priority now is to reduce how much you're self-harming, and even stop if you feel like that is possible right now. The important thing about self-harming is that it is a way of coping for many people, and it's essential to recognise and find other ways of coping to move away from it successfully. I'm wondering, can you tell me about a time where you've successfully coped with a mental health difficulty without hurting yourself? Also, have you seen our support guide on safe alternatives to self-harm? Maybe you can have a read and try a couple of strategies for the next few times you want to injure yourself: 15 Safer Alternatives to Self Harm - Ditch the Label

Speak soon and take care. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello Harry,

Thank you for telling me more about what's going on for you. Also, I agree, the biggest priority now is to reduce how much you're self-harming, and even stop if you feel like that is possible right now. The important thing about self-harming is that it is a way of coping for many people, and it's essential to recognise and find other ways of coping to move away from it successfully. I'm wondering, can you tell me about a time where you've successfully coped with a mental health difficulty without hurting yourself? Also, have you seen our support guide on safe alternatives to self-harm? Maybe you can have a read and try a couple of strategies for the next few times you want to injure yourself: 15 Safer Alternatives to Self Harm - Ditch the Label

Speak soon and take care. 

The last time when I coped was a few years back when I had someone in my life to take care of me.  

Edited by Harry18
  • Like 1

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing that with me. I'm wondering, what kind of things did that person do to help you?

Also, did you manage to read our self-harm support guide? If so, which tips do you think you'll try? 

• Like 1

She took care of me while I was In a dark place by being a friend and by making sure I wasn't alone so I would do something stupid. She never left my side literally she still talks and cares for me today. 

I did read the tips and I haven't decided which ones to try. The way I self-harm myself is by not eating and physically beating myself up so I don't use scissors or knifes like some do.

• Like 1

Hey Harry,

It's great to hear that she was really there for you, and from what you said, it sounds like she is still there for you and can help you; is that right? Also, how are you feeling today? 

9 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Harry,

It's great to hear that she was really there for you, and from what you said, it sounds like she is still there for you and can help you; is that right? Also, how are you feeling today? 

I'm ok today luckily there has been nothing bad related to the stuff going on currently but I still feel down by it all. 

On 10/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, Harry18 said:

hey

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harry18 said:

I'm ok today luckily there has been nothing bad related to the stuff going on currently but I still feel down by it all. 

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still feeling down by it all. I'm wondering, what kinds of things do you like to do to cheer up when you're feeling down?