How to overcome low self esteem?

XX2    

• Ditch the Label Staff
18 minutes ago, XX2 said:

How to overcome low self esteem 

Hi @XX2 and welcome to community!

Self-esteem can be built up with time and working on it. Can I ask how long you've been feeling this way? And if you are comfortable to share, did anything in particular start the feeling off? 

Staff-Account.png

One year ago after a bad sexual experience 

6 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Hi @XX2 and welcome to community!

Self-esteem can be built up with time and working on it. Can I ask how long you've been feeling this way? And if you are comfortable to share, did anything in particular start the feeling off? 

1 hour ago, XX2 said:

How to overcome low self esteem 

Build a support bubble around you that will help you. Then, think what's causing my low self-eesteem. Everyone in their life time struggle with their self esteem and it makes us wonder what causes low energy against ourselves? I think, us being not happy within ourseles and judging ourselves against models etc have put us down to make us feel like we have to be perfect by getting changed and having to change to feel and love ourselves. That's not true, we don't have to change we're all beautiful and we shouldn't change to be someone else. we should be ourselves as we're beautiful not only on the inside but outside. I will find you a link to show you how to help your low self-esteem - I also agree with @Blondie 

1. Recognise what you're good at. We're all good at something, whether it's cooking, singing, doing puzzles or being a friend. ...
  2. Build positive relationships. ...
  3. Be kind to yourself. ...
  4. Learn to be assertive. ...
  5. Start saying "no" ...
  6. Give yourself a challenge.

46 minutes ago, XX2 said:

I been abused and it's scary but we should not let them win as that's not fair on ourselves and we're stronger then that! hugs

why should we suffer so that our abusers know why we are suffering if we give in and stop caring about ourselves their will be thinking they've won and will carry on the abuse to others which we don't want. you can build yourself past from his as it's not healthy to stay in this state of negative thoughts and i know you get flash backs but talking can really show how you can support yourself through that. I learnt to do things I enjoy, helping people care for myself and cooking and football and ever since that night I suffer yeha but I don't let him get me down, I am rising above it it happened when I was 14 and I'm 16 now. I am still of course hurting but learning their are ways we can get past this!

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
17 hours ago, XX2 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that happened but it's so positive that you recognise that you want to change how you feel.

Initially it would be a good start to check out these 2 articles - have you already tried any of these things? Remember, we're here for you and we can work through it together.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/5-ways-boost-self-esteem/

Staff-Account.png

On 10/15/2021 at 7:03 PM, Lillyrose4 said:

Build a support bubble around you that will help you. Then, think what's causing my low self-eesteem. Everyone in their life time struggle with their self esteem and it makes us wonder what causes low energy against ourselves? I think, us being not happy within ourseles and judging ourselves against models etc have put us down to make us feel like we have to be perfect by getting changed and having to change to feel and love ourselves. That's not true, we don't have to change we're all beautiful and we shouldn't change to be someone else. we should be ourselves as we're beautiful not only on the inside but outside. I will find you a link to show you how to help your low self-esteem - I also agree with @Blondie 

1. Recognise what you're good at. We're all good at something, whether it's cooking, singing, doing puzzles or being a friend. ...
  2. Build positive relationships. ...
  3. Be kind to yourself. ...
  4. Learn to be assertive. ...
  5. Start saying "no" ...
  6. Give yourself a challenge.

I been abused and it's scary but we should not let them win as that's not fair on ourselves and we're stronger then that! hugs

why should we suffer so that our abusers know why we are suffering if we give in and stop caring about ourselves their will be thinking they've won and will carry on the abuse to others which we don't want. you can build yourself past from his as it's not healthy to stay in this state of negative thoughts and i know you get flash backs but talking can really show how you can support yourself through that. I learnt to do things I enjoy, helping people care for myself and cooking and football and ever since that night I suffer yeha but I don't let him get me down, I am rising above it it happened when I was 14 and I'm 16 now. I am still of course hurting but learning their are ways we can get past this!

Well said Lilly!!!