Dealing with non accepting parents

_alix.reyy    

I came out as enby to my family and changed my name but my mum is no longer talking to me and doesn’t accept the change. 

i tried my best to explain to her why i had changed my name and her responses were so blunt and non supportive. 

how do i deal with the fact i’ve potentially lost whatever relationship i had with my mum? 

Hello @_alix.reyy

Welcome to our community. I'm sorry to hear that your mum hasn't reacted well to your news. How are you feeling about this? I know that experiencing this kind of situation can be really tough and emotional, so I just want to check in and see how you're doing. We are here for you.

I think that many parents can react negatively and it's out of shock a lot of the time. Once some time has passed, the parents usually come around the idea and it's just that they need to process the shock. What do you think? Do you feel that it could get better? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e