Low self esteem

Sakshi Ā  Ā 

HiiĀ 

I really hate my faceĀ  body...even though many people told me I was beautiful but I never felt like that...I always compare myself with other and look into mirror just find out my flaws ..how can I overcome this

How I can be more confident about myself

Hey @Sakshi

Thanks for asking us for help with this. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so low at theĀ moment.Ā I think that there are a few ways to move forward with this kind of problem. It can be helpful to understand why you started feeling this way. For example, for some people who feelĀ insecure and low in confidence, this often starts from something like bullying or being in an unhealthy relationship. Do you thinkĀ these feelingsĀ started for a particular reason?Ā Also, it helps to make aĀ conscious effort toĀ focus on what you feel are the positive aspects of yourĀ appearance. The truth is, the things you feel bad about, you may feel bad about them for a while, and it can be more powerful in learning to accept that and shifting your focus to what you actually like. What do you reckon?Ā 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

19 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Sakshi

Thanks for asking us for help with this. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so low at theĀ moment.Ā I think that there are a few ways to move forward with this kind of problem. It can be helpful to understand why you started feeling this way. For example, for some people who feelĀ insecure and low in confidence, this often starts from something like bullying or being in an unhealthy relationship. Do you thinkĀ these feelingsĀ started for a particular reason?Ā Also, it helps to make aĀ conscious effort toĀ focus on what you feel are the positive aspects of yourĀ appearance. The truth is, the things you feel bad about, you may feel bad about them for a while, and it can be more powerful in learning to accept that and shifting your focus to what you actually like. What do you reckon?Ā 

I do not understand...will you please elaborate?

Hey,

Yeah, sure. So basically, when we feel low about ourselves, it can often start from something that happened a while ago. For example, people who have been bullied for a while often end up having low self-esteem. By trying to understand why we have low self-esteem, we can then help ourselves to feel more confident. So, I'm wondering, how long has your self-esteem been low for? Do you think something happened to make you feel this way about yourself?Ā 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yeah, i have noticed that social media affects my self esteem to a point, where I donā€™t consider myself pretty or beautiful. šŸ„²šŸ˜…

i have dealt with this multiple times - like an evil loop that keeps spinning around and around again!