Heyy! I'm new here

Lipase ย  ย 

Hey everyone! I'm Lipase here and I'm new.. I still don't know exactly how conversations here work but I'm very happy to talk to everybody here and know more about you and me.. I've been questioning my sexuality a lot lately and I'm not sure how to figure it out so here I am... ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’œ

Hey @Lipase

Welcome to our community :). I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to our members.

How is everything going for you? Would you like to tell usย more on how you're feeling about your sexuality?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Thanks for replying to my first post! I dont really if I'm gonna be ableย to express correctly how I feel and think about this.. I've only talked about this with my siblings and best friend.

My whole life I've dated only poeple the opposite sex.ย Even though Iย grew up in a very conservative country where sexual orientation was never openly discussed, I've always had, deep down, attraction to people the same sex, even before knowing what beeing gay or bisexual is.ย ย Although I've never had any dating experience with the same sex, now that Iย liveย in Germanyย where everyone can express their minds and live freely, I can't stop thinking about the idea of me being with another girl, ย connectingย with one or even just going out with one.ย 

I've been questioning everything lately. I've always been attracted to girls but it never bothered me not knowing whether it meant something or not. But now its kind of haunting me and I'm hoping to know better about it through youย and through the experiences of others here๐Ÿ’–

Hey @Lipase

Thank you for being so open about how you're feeling. How are you feeling after getting this off your chest? I'm glad to hear that you're now in a more accepting environment which I imagine must be a relief for you ๐Ÿ™‚

When you say it's haunting you, could you tell me a little bit more about this, please? I think it could be good for you toย maybe explore being with another girl as this willย probably be the best way toย learn. What do youย think?ย 

Haunting in the sense that everyday I think about it and question it. I think how relieved I would be the moment all that I think I like and I want turns out to be true and not just in my head.ย  Feelingย  that I like girls and I'm attracted to them and it being translated into actually meeting someone that I like in real life. Its like I'm ready for the next step. I'm just super hesitant. Because first of all I'm not used to the idea of approaching someone, I dont know how and where. I know maybe you're gonna tell me on dating apps but I directly think how am I gonna describe myself on those apps? ย to get in contact with girls not guys. I can't in my Bio declare somethingย I'm still questioning. I don't wantย to hurt anyone. Because I know how easy it is to hurt the other person if they're sure of who they are but they're going out with someone who's "exploring" and who's "still figuring it out" with them.ย ย 

I'm ready but it's a huge pressure and I feel that I'm lost not knowing how to go forward from here

On 8/25/2021 at 5:37 PM, Lipase said:

Haunting in the sense that everyday I think about it and question it. I think how relieved I would be the moment all that I think I like and I want turns out to be true and not just in my head.ย  Feelingย  that I like girls and I'm attracted to them and it being translated into actually meeting someone that I like in real life. Its like I'm ready for the next step. I'm just super hesitant. Because first of all I'm not used to the idea of approaching someone, I dont know how and where. I know maybe you're gonna tell me on dating apps but I directly think how am I gonna describe myself on those apps? ย to get in contact with girls not guys. I can't in my Bio declare somethingย I'm still questioning. I don't wantย to hurt anyone. Because I know how easy it is to hurt the other person if they're sure of who they are but they're going out with someone who's "exploring" and who's "still figuring it out" with them.ย ย 

I'm ready but it's a huge pressure and I feel that I'm lost not knowing how to go forward from here

Hey @Lipase

Yeah, I totally get what you mean when you say that it's haunting. I know that it might not seem like it now, but it wont't always be so hard with your sexuality. It just takes time to work through this kind of thing, and I know that that's the worst thing to hear when you just want to be done with it, but trust me, it won't be like this forever. So, with the dating apps, I get why you're hesitant. I guess you could just put your setting as wanting to connect with women and then being upfront aboutย your situation with them. Honesty is the best policy here and as long as you're upfront from the beginning, then that's all you can do. What do you reckon?