I've been out the closet for a while :D

IJustwantacceptance    

Hi! My name is Victoria and I've been out the closet for a couple months (I came out as lesbian )  None of my family really accepts me accepts me except my cousin-She's very supportive and I really appreciate it. I just want a friend that I could talk to and be totally honest with .  I feel really free now that I have came out. The weird thing is I've always knew I wasn't straight ever since I was about 8. I just want to stop feeling like an outcast in the sea of straight people. ( My whole family is homophobic) I need some type of acceptance 😭

Hey there,

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that none of your family really accepts you, but I'm glad to learn that your cousin has been very supportive. I just want you to know that you aren't an outcast here and that we accept you for who you are. How are you feeling at the moment? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm wondering, how has everything been with your family? 

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you, and I just want you to know that we are here for you. I'm wondering, when you say shut out, what do you mean? I know it might not seem like it now, but I have supported people in similar situations to you, and the family usually ends up coming around eventually. It can take time, but just try to hold out hope. Most people come around out of pure love for the person who has come out, but it can be a long journey for them. What do you think? Maybe take a look at this support guide as you might find it helpful: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/