Random VentšŸ˜­šŸ˜—

jd_27 Ā  Ā 

I created this topic so other people, like me, can have a safe place to vent and ask for advice. So feel free to write your thoughts and feelings.Ā 

Anyway, so i took chemistry 11 completionĀ this summer, and today was my first day in-class. I took it ā€˜cause itā€™s a prerequisite for nursing, which is a second choice career. Ā My plan since the beginning was to become an FA, but i switched to medical field ā€˜cause my mom didnā€™t approve of it. So i said iā€™ll just takeĀ MOA after high school then, and go on from there, but i wouldĀ likely go for a unit nurse clerk after. However, i let other peopleā€™s words get into my mind, and now itā€™s messed up. I feel like MOA is too low, however, i donā€™t feel like being a nurse at all, but itā€™s my momā€™s dream job (which is one thing that keeps me tied with it)Ā and my other family members are suggesting it. Earlier in-class, i told my friends whom i took the same class with (both are taking medical field) that iā€™ve made up my mind and i will drop the class ā€˜cause i really donā€™t like it, itā€™s not my thing. And idk thereā€™s smt that scares and makes me nervous about it and it makes me nauseousā€¦.But now iā€™m doubting again, because i donā€™t want to disappoint my mom. She told me ā€œi mean biology is still good for your background, and chemistry is also good for your preparationā€ when i told her i wanted to drop it ā€˜cause i just donā€™t like it.Ā Iā€™m literally having a dilemmašŸ„ŗā€¦help me pls.

Oh andā€¦the thing is if i donā€™t drop it, i might just waste my time, if i might not take nursing..AndĀ if i donā€™t itā€™s a waste of opportunityā€¦and i only have until tomorrow to make my final decisionā€¦ā€™cause Thursday is the final day to drop it without affecting your school record..Ā šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗi need your adviceĀ 

Hey @jd_27

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I completely get why it makes you scared and nervous to drop the class, especially because your mum is really keen on you going into nursing. However, this is your life and your career, and it's important to do something that you want to do, not because it's someone else's dream. I'm wondering, what is your gut telling you? What is the right thing for you now?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @jd_27

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I completely get why it makes you scared and nervous to drop the class, especially because your mum is really keen on you going into nursing. However, this is your life and your career, and it's important to do something that you want to do, not because it's someone else's dream. I'm wondering, what is your gut telling you? What is the right thing for you now?

Ā My guts going crazyšŸ˜‚ā€¦my mind is telling me to just goĀ for it and try my best, and prove myself wrong that i can pass itā€¦but i feelĀ like dropping it (like you said itā€™s my life and careerā€¦Uhh and i might had said that it makes me feel small if i donā€™t take nursing too, toĀ my mom and sheĀ advised that i should do what i want (which is to still stay in the medical field),Ā ā€˜cause if i keep pushing the career i donā€™t want then itā€™ll just mess up my mind and go to waste since i wouldnā€™t like what iā€™m doing). Knowing myself, i have a hard time deciding for myself so i always ask for validation and stuff, soĀ I thought ofĀ taking my second class (online), how it goes, and see whether i still feel like dropping it. ?

Hey @jd_27

To be honest, from what you've told me already, it seems like you already know exactly what you want. I get what you're saying about having a hard time deciding for yourself, but you already know what to do, and I think it's just a case of going for it and making it happen. What do you reckon?Ā 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e