hello

imShinbi    

Hello! i am Shinbi...

recently i just got back with my bestfriend so i decided to agree to go to his party. we were ok, we were having a great time. i was friends with him for a long time and we do fight sometimes but not that toxic. 

anyway, i went to his party and was having a great time, his relatives are there. then one of our friends came by and i was happy to see him but i got a negative response as he tried to teased me, most of his jokes towards me are about my race (asian) and sexuality (male i just happen to look like a girl but im straight). i just sometimes brush it off and dnt really mind it for i know its just jokes but last weekend during the party he made similar jokes again and i didnt mind at usual but this time it became the whole topic for the night. so i got humiliated on my bestfriend's party really bad. my bestfriend tried to divert and change topics but it spread like wild fire. i became the laughing stock. our  other friend that made the jokes just sat back and doesnt talk anymore i think he realized that he fked up. so pretty much my personality is destroyed or ruined towards my bestfriend's friends and family.  so decided to go home, my bestfriend accompanied me and tried to cheer me up. our other friend (the one that made the jokes) didnt even message or apologize to me. 

now i told and asked my other friends what should i do, they suggested for me to move on.  i told my bestfriend about it as well, he was sad when i told him i will never come back. 

im sorry i know this post should be for only introduction... 

Hello @imShinbi

Welcome to our community. I just want to say thank you for sharing what happened at the party with us; you did not deserve this at all, and I hope that you’re feeling alright now? I hope that the person has thought about how they treated you and doesn’t do it again. Their jokes were inappropriate and offensive. 

I’m  wondering, when you say that your personality is destroyed, what do you mean by this? 

Speak soon. 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I’m  wondering, when you say that your personality is destroyed, what do you mean by this? 

im sorry, i didnt mean to say personality.... i meant my relationship and reputation with my bestfriend's family is ruined... now they all think im the one they joke about...

sorry, english isnt my first language X

Hey,

Oh, no need to apologise! It's impressive to speak a second language 🙂 What's your first language?

Hmm, I can get why you think they might see you as the one to joke about, but it sounds like the guy knew that he messed up, and if you're all together again, you can show that it's not funny by not laughing along and he will soon get the message. Do you think that your best friend's family also thought it wasn't cool? They could probably sense that. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e