Still figuring it out...

Fantasy    

Hi, my name is Jeremiah and I'm a bi-curious male from South Africa. I have had been curious for about a year now, but I haven't made much progress. This is mostly due to my fear. 

My goal is to, through this community, find the confidence to continue on my journey. 

Hello Jeremiah 

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us ☺️

Thank you for opening up to us about your sexuality. It's interesting that you say you haven't made much progress due to fear. Can I ask, what are you fearful of? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for sharing this with me. If you came out to them, do you think it could put you in danger, like being harmed or kicked out? 

Hello,

Thank you for sharing that with me. I think that for as long as there are concerns about your safety if you do come out, then its best to wait until you're in a better position, like living away from home/being able to support yourself. What do you think? Can I ask, how old are you? 

Hey, thanks for everything so far. 

And yes, it's okay to ask for my age 😅. I turn 18 tomorrow (or June 29th, depending on what side of the world you are). 

Hey,

Happy Birthday! How are you celebrating? :)

With coming out then, what do you think you will do? Our main priority is that you stay safe, and if coming out could put you in danger, we would suggest that you wait until you're in a better position. We can help you through this and give you more advice on it if you like. 

Thanks. South Africa's currently under a heavy lockdown right now, so it's just going to be a very chilled day. 

As for coming out, I'd like to take it slowly.  First, I wanna give individual confessions to the people I'm really close with and when I'm ready, I'll eventually come out to my parents. 

Hey Jeremiah,

Sorry to hear that South Africa is currently under a heavy lockdown; I hope it lifts for you soon. I think that with coming out, it's definitely a good idea to take it slowly; there really is no rush. For the people that you're close with and want to tell, how do you think they will react? 

I have already told one person about my journey and she has openly accepted it and said that she'll be accepting of me no matter what I identify as. I expect the few others I trust to react similarly 😅

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that she reacted so well and it's great that you trust the others react similarly :). How are you feeling today? 

That's good to hear :). If you'd like more support, just let us know. We are here for you if you need us.