heyy im needing some advices here :))

qrong    

so recently (like 3 months ago) i got into a misunderstanding between my friend group. we were really close (they were with me for 2years++). however, it was partially my fault. i didnt dare to tell them how i feel cuz i always got left out. so that time i left without saying anything. it was already too late when i realised what happened then. i cant get them back so ive tried letting go but it wasn't that easy (ive had dreams about them and even cried about it). however i was feeling better these few days until i decided to give them their birthday presents and this is what they said 'its not like we dont want to accept the gift, we js dont want to give you the wrong idea of us reconciling. but if you insist we will humbly take it, however you shouldnt expect anything in return be it physically or not.' well i just wanna you know even if we're not friends at least we were. i have to admit i really wanted them back but not through this method of 'bribing'. it really hurts so badly knowing that we once were best friends and now they are treating me like complete stranger.

Hey @qrong

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that things have changed between you and your friend group; this kind of thing hurts so much and I completely get why you feel this way. Can I ask, what was the misunderstanding about? Do you think you could ever work through it with them?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

well there was this time where they left me and i thought they went off without me and i just decided to leave their life without a word. however i already have been feeling left out even when im by their side. i dont think we will be able to solve this problem as when i was with them they also unfriended this friend and ignore and trashtalk about her to us which exactly how they are treating me now

i

f

Ah, okay. I wonder if maybe you could have smoothed it out with them at the time? I guess my main question is, do you still want to be friends with them? If so, it could be possible to solve the problem and move on, but I’m wondering what you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

"Amazing response!"

millie 1221 was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 5 points.

You deserve better from this group.  They are being mean and you are hurting and feeling rejected.  I am sure this may cause you to feel sad as it would  if it happened to anyone else. You cannot make someone like or love you.   I think you have tried enough and no more gifts.  Your friendship was a gift to them.  Take some time out for yourself, get rest, and keep busy.  Is their anyone that you can talk to or confide in?  I think that finding activities or groups that interest you may be an avenue to meet people that have the same interests as you.  Friendship is a two way street...give and take equally.  True friends will treat you with respect and dignity and be there for you.  I wish you the best and take care of yourself.  You are important.  Be kind to yourself and recognize all the great qualities you have.  Having one good friend is more important now than being friends with a group.  I hope this was a little help.   

• Like 1