Hey!

LostGirl ย  ย 

hi everyone! i am LostGirl as you can tell, and i am new to this community. i really like the concept of this because without knowing each other's true identity, we can fully be ourselves without worrying about constantly getting judged. i myself am insecure about many things one of which are my eyes. they are big and since i was young i have gotten made fun of because of them. people called me bug eyes and would tell me i looked weird or even worse i could see two girls whispering and pointing at me. this i believe is the reason i am still single, i have never had a boyfriend and my self confidence is super low but i am too scared and shy to even open up about this to my friends hence how i ended up on here.ย 

• Like 1

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

Yas was awarded 13 points.

Hello!!!ย 
Im Yas, Iโ€™m new here too because I was looking for a place for comfort due to my family.

I got bullied a lot back when I was younger because of my voice, I couldnโ€™t control it and it was very high pitched in comparison to now. I was called squeaky mouse. It hurts me a lot and because of that I lack self confidence too! :(

I think the first step is to open up with friends you trust or a loved one. I did that and I feel a bit more better, I also joined many extra curricular clubs in the hopes I improve.

I had to get out of my comfort zone, itโ€™s going to be a long time before I become confident but small steps. Take your time and slowly get out of your comfort zone.

:)

• Like 1

I too struggle with low self-esteem ever since everyone at my CATHOLIC SCHOOL found out I was bisexual. People started to be mean like homophobic kids do. One day we made bow and arrows and everyone started shooting me.ย 

Hey Lostgirl!! nice to meet you. you're so right about feeling anonymous and free here, i've been coming to DTL for a few years on and off and it's helped me so much

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 5:58 AM, LostGirl said:

hi everyone! i am LostGirl as you can tell, and i am new to this community. i really like the concept of this because without knowing each other's true identity, we can fully be ourselves without worrying about constantly getting judged. i myself am insecure about many things one of which are my eyes. they are big and since i was young i have gotten made fun of because of them. people called me bug eyes and would tell me i looked weird or even worse i could see two girls whispering and pointing at me. this i believe is the reason i am still single, i have never had a boyfriend and my self confidence is super low but i am too scared and shy to even open up about this to my friends hence how i ended up on here.ย 

Hey @LostGirl

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us. I just want to say thank you for opening up to us about how things are for you at the moment. It's really positive that you've opened up to us, because by opening up to others, you also open up your mind to being supported which then leads to things getting better :)ย 

Canย I ask, how long have you been feeling like this for? Also,ย I'm wondering, have you tried anything so far to boost your self-esteem/confidence? If so, would you mind sharing this with us? You might find these supportย guides helpful too:ย https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/ย andย https://www.ditchthelabel.org/the-power-of-self-confidence/ย - let me know what you think. Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 6/16/2021 at 1:40 PM, Yas said:

Hello!!!ย 
Im Yas, Iโ€™m new here too because I was looking for a place for comfort due to my family.

I got bullied a lot back when I was younger because of my voice, I couldnโ€™t control it and it was very high pitched in comparison to now. I was called squeaky mouse. It hurts me a lot and because of that I lack self confidence too! :(

I think the first step is to open up with friends you trust or a loved one. I did that and I feel a bit more better, I also joined many extra curricular clubs in the hopes I improve.

I had to get out of my comfort zone, itโ€™s going to be a long time before I become confident but small steps. Take your time and slowly get out of your comfort zone.

:)

Hey @Yas

This advice is great - thank youย for sharing. If you'd like to speak with us about what's going on with your family, we are here for you.ย 

On 6/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, Crazygirl said:

I too struggle with low self-esteem ever since everyone at my CATHOLIC SCHOOL found out I was bisexual. People started to be mean like homophobic kids do. One day we made bow and arrows and everyone started shooting me.ย 

Hey @Crazygirl

I'm sorry to hear that they have been mean to you. How are you feeling about all of this? We are here for you if you'd like to talk this through with us. Can I ask, have you told anyone at school about this? They will be able to do something about it. Stay strong. We are here for you.ย 

Thanks and no but again I go to Catholic school ad they will probably just send me to confession and make me say a bunch of prayers.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:15 PM, Crazygirl said:

Thanks and no but again I go to Catholic school ad they will probably just send me to confession and make me say a bunch of prayers.

Hey @Crazygirl

Do you think that if you do tell them, you could just describe what they've done rather than why they're bullying you? Also, when you say they would put you in confession and make you say prayers, is this what they would do if they found out about your sexuality?

Ok and yeah that's probably what would happen.

Hey,

Ah, okay, I get why you don't want to say something to them. Could you tell them about the bullying without saying it's because of your sexuality?ย 

I tried that the teacher just said that the school year ends Friday and if it happens next year to tell them

On 6/16/2021 at 5:58 AM, LostGirl said:

Hi lost girl. Iโ€™m new here too and only joined a few minutes ago. I can get self conscious about my looks too. I am looking for friends and support too and hope you find ย Ditch the label ย help ful. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1
  • Yaaas 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
14 hours ago, Crazygirl said:

I tried that the teacher just said that the school year ends Friday and if it happens next year to tell them

That doesn't seem very useful. How do you feel about waiting? Would you rather address it before school breaks up?

Staff-Account.png

Today is the last day of school so I'll have all summer to build up my self-esteem and if they continue when the school year starts again then I'll talk to the teacher again.

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 minutes ago, Crazygirl said:

Today is the last day of school so I'll have all summer to build up my self-esteem and if they continue when the school year starts again then I'll talk to the teacher again.

Okay! We've got your back!

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...