I hate my mum sometimes

Yas    

Ever time I try my best to be there for my mum, I help her in every way I can. However when I found something difficult, she mocks me and says horrible things about me. She always calls me big headed and says I’m like my dad, she has separated from him because he was horrible.

I don’t what to do anymore, I can’t handle her insults constantly. I’ve tried to tell her how i feel but she constantly continues. She tells other family members about how much of a monster I am and how I’m going to end her life 

Hello,

Welcome to our community. I’m one of the support mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your mum at the moment. It sounds like she is being unfair to you - you deserve to be treated with respect. Have you told any of your other family members about how she treats you? It might be best to try and get someone else to speak to her if you can. Hearing it from someone who is removed from the situation might help her to listen more. What do you think? 

Also, when she says about how you will end her life, what does she mean exactly? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 6/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, Monsoon said:

Hello,

Welcome to our community. I’m one of the support mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your mum at the moment. It sounds like she is being unfair to you - you deserve to be treated with respect. Have you told any of your other family members about how she treats you? It might be best to try and get someone else to speak to her if you can. Hearing it from someone who is removed from the situation might help her to listen more. What do you think? 

Also, when she says about how you will end her life, what does she mean exactly? 

Hi monsoon,

thanks for helping me out.

ive told my family members but they always mention how great she is and how she always helps out, they don’t really support my actions and just say to keep quiet. 
I don’t honestly know what to do with her anymore, I tried speaking to people who’s experienced the same, they decided to go into care. 
As for my mum saying how I’ll end her life, she thinks I’m going to drive her to madness because of how “terrible” I am. She thinks I’m that terrible.

I honestly think she wishes the worst for me. Everytime I feel happy about something she always says things that upsets me and she knows that very well.

I tried distancing myself away from her, but she goes on and on and just complains about me.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:20 AM, Lol said:

Hello, I need some help myself I am having trouble figuring out my identity. But I think that I am Bi and I don't know how to tell my parents because they are homophobic. 

Hello, 

I have friends who are pan sexual and have strict Asian homophobic parents. They used discord to help express themselves and receive support. They got to know a lot of people and learnt more about themselves by talking to others who are going through a similar situation.

Sadly with homophobic parents, depends where they’re from, you can’t really tell them anything as they’ll use it against you and shame you up :(.

I suggest you talk with friends and talk online(like here!:). Discover yourself and when your old enough to move out take the opportunity and live the life you want.

Don’t distance yourself completely from them, but at a distance that you feel comfortable with.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:26 PM, Yas said:

Hi monsoon,

thanks for helping me out.

ive told my family members but they always mention how great she is and how she always helps out, they don’t really support my actions and just say to keep quiet. 
I don’t honestly know what to do with her anymore, I tried speaking to people who’s experienced the same, they decided to go into care. 
As for my mum saying how I’ll end her life, she thinks I’m going to drive her to madness because of how “terrible” I am. She thinks I’m that terrible.

I honestly think she wishes the worst for me. Everytime I feel happy about something she always says things that upsets me and she knows that very well.

I tried distancing myself away from her, but she goes on and on and just complains about me.

Hello,

Thank you for opening up to us about this. It sounds like your relationship with her is really tough; I'm sorry to hear that it's this way at the moment. Can I ask, has it always been like this? I think that it might be helpful to ask someone to speak to your mum, someone who is kind of an outsider to the situation. I know that you've told your family members before, but I'm wondering, could you tell someone else, like a teacher perhaps (I'm not sure how old you are)?  It might be best coming from a professional. Having an outsider involved in this way is often really helpful. What do you think?

I just want to say that although it might not seem like it now, opening up to people is the best way to help yourself when things are hard, and speaking to others will hopefully lead you to a potential solution to make things better. How are you feeling about everything? We are here for you. 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:20 AM, Lol said:

Hello, I need some help myself I am having trouble figuring out my identity. But I think that I am Bi and I don't know how to tell my parents because they are homophobic. 

Hey @Lol

Welcome to our community. Thank you for sharing what's going on in your life with us. We are here to help you. With coming out, it's important to do it when we are sure of our identity. Maybe you could take some time to figure out things before you think about coming out to them? It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Also, do you feel like coming out could put you in danger, like getting kicked out or being abused? If so, it's best to wait until you can move away so that you can stay safe for when you eventually tell them. What do you think? Speak soon.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:52 PM, Monsoon said:

Hello,

Thank you for opening up to us about this. It sounds like your relationship with her is really tough; I'm sorry to hear that it's this way at the moment. Can I ask, has it always been like this? I think that it might be helpful to ask someone to speak to your mum, someone who is kind of an outsider to the situation. I know that you've told your family members before, but I'm wondering, could you tell someone else, like a teacher perhaps (I'm not sure how old you are)?  It might be best coming from a professional. Having an outsider involved in this way is often really helpful. What do you think?

I just want to say that although it might not seem like it now, opening up to people is the best way to help yourself when things are hard, and speaking to others will hopefully lead you to a potential solution to make things better. How are you feeling about everything? We are here for you. 

It comes and goes. 
It doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s like one day of the week at least. I’ve told my friends about it only, teachers are useless they didn’t do nothing when I got online slandered. 
To be honest, if I told an outside adult, she’d probably complain afterwards 

Edited by Yas
Because I said a hyperbolic phrase

Hey @Yas

Ah, I'm glad to hear that it doesn't happen all of the time. When she isn't being like this, what is your relationship like? Do you feel happier?