Feel ugly no matter what I do

Lauren-x    

I feel like no matter what I do I will always be ugly. I try makeup, doing my hair etc. And I exercise like crazy but still feel fat and gross.  I will always be this ugly girl that no one wants. I can’t get over my ugly disgusting nose either. How do you train yourself mentally to look at yourself in a positive light?

Hey @Lauren-x

Welcome to our online community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to our members who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like you'll always be ugly no matter what you try. Can I ask, how long have you been feeling like this for? There is usually something that causes us to end up feeling this way, and if we can figure out what that might be, then it can act as a key to looking at ourselves in a more positive light. It's okay if you can't figure it out though - there are loads of others things we can do to help. 

I think that with this kind of thing, we end up becoming our own worst enemy because we ignore the things we like about our appearance and focus in on the negatives. Everyone has the power to transform the way their feel about their self-image; we can all do it, but it takes work. We must find that strength within ourselves to be back in charge of our own happiness and self-esteem. I'm wondering, can you tell me two or three things you like about your appearance? Then, whenever you feel negative about how you look, remind yourself of these things. If you keep doing it over time, you can change the relationship you have with how you look. It does take work though and it might seem like it's not working at first, but trust me, stick with it. It will do you the world of good.

Btw, have you seen our support guides here? You might find them helpful: 

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/the-power-of-self-confidence/ 

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/

Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e