Hi

Crazygirl Β  Β 

I'm bisexual and I don't know how to tell my dad my mom knows and wants me to tell my dad as well but I don't know how.

• Like 1

Hello @Lels

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to people who reach out to us.

I'm glad to hear that your mom knows - how did it go telling her? Before I give you advice, can I ask, do you feel ready to tell your dad? It's okay if you don't, and it's totally okay to wait. I just wanted to check in before and see how you feel about it.

Speak soonΒ πŸ‘

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

It went well telling my mom but I don't know if I'm ready or not to tell my dad

Hey @Crazygirl

I'm glad to hear it went well telling your mom. With your dad, I guess there's nothing stopping you from taking some time to think about it? There's no rush. What do you think?

Ok I'll tell him when I can.Β  I want to I'm just worried he won't look at me the same way again.

Hey,

What is it that makes you worry about that? Is there a chance that telling your dad could put you in danger in any way, like getting kicked out or being harmed? if so, it's best to wait until you can be away from home by either moving out or having somewhere else to stay while it blows over. What do you think?Β 

No nothing like that but I'm worried he'll try to change it or just think it's a phase but I've been feeling this for a long while.

Hey @Crazygirl

It's completely normal to worry about these kinds of things before you come out, and from my experience of supporting people in similar situations, it's often the case that none of the worries come true, and there's a big sense of relief when they end up coming out. If he does try to change it and say that it's just a phase, do you think that it will get better over time? He might just need time to come around to the news and process what's happened; there are some parents who go through this, but as time goes on, they eventually chill out about it all.Β 

Ok thanks I'll post when I tell him

• Like 1

Okay. Yeah, let us know how it goes. Just remember that there is no rush with telling him. You can take your time.Β 

I told my dad and things went smoothly. He only asked like one or two questions. He just told me that there are people that will call me names and stuff but that was it. He was really supportive. But he didn't seem surprised. I mean wouldn't you be surprised to find out your daughter was bisexual?

Hey @Crazygirl

I'm really happy to hear that it went well with telling your dad. How are you feeling now that you've told him? I guess that he might have already had an idea about your sexuality? I think that we can sometimes forget just how well our parents know us. What do you think?Β 

It makes sense and I feel kind of relived.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:26 AM, Crazygirl said:

It makes sense and I feel kind of relived.

Hey,

That's so good to hear :)Β 

Would you like support with anything right now? We are always here if you need us.Β 

Actually my dad said something and I did a blog about it

Hey,

Yeah, okay. Sorry, I don't get a notification when someone posts a blog, so I end up missing them. I'll have a look now. Speak soon.Β