Hello!!!

Caliduvall    

Hii(: my names Cali. I’m 16. My pronouns are she/her. I’m here because I’m having trouble loving myself. I used to be really skinny, but I ate my feelings and went from 100lbs to 250lbs. I lost 90 pounds. I’m now 160. I just hate my body. And I’m so scared of summer... I feel so uncomfortable showing skin and I suffer in the heat and I’m so tired of it.  Just thinking about going out the house makes me want to ball my eyes out. This seemed like a very safe space to talk about things like this and get advice. 

Edited by Caliduvall
  • Like 1

Awe im sorry! This is a safe place! 

Why do you feel the way you do just going out of your house? My advice to you is flaunt it, just absolutely say no to everyone and thing around you and gain confidence!

Im Elise and pronouns are she/her as well. If you need anything i'm here for you! We all are!

On 5/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, Caliduvall said:

Hii(: my names Cali. I’m 16. My pronouns are she/her. I’m here because I’m having trouble loving myself. I used to be really skinny, but I ate my feelings and went from 100lbs to 250lbs. I lost 90 pounds. I’m now 160. I just hate my body. And I’m so scared of summer... I feel so uncomfortable showing skin and I suffer in the heat and I’m so tired of it.  Just thinking about going out the house makes me want to ball my eyes out. This seemed like a very safe space to talk about things like this and get advice. 

Heyyy Cali,

Welcome to our community :). I'm one of the digital mentor here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. This is a safe space.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble loving yourself. Can I ask, when did you start feeling like this? Was it when your weight started to change? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I’m not sure . I think it’s because of my father, he would always body shame me. I ignored it at first but now that I’m out of his abusive  household, I think it’s starting to get to me. 

On 5/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, Caliduvall said:

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that you're out of the abusive household. It's good that you've been able to leave the situation as this can help people to work on themselves and get to where they want to be. I'm sorry to hear that he body shamed you. I can imagine that this was tough to face, but I'm glad that you're opening up about it. Have you ever spoken to him about how this has impacted you? Although those kinds of conversations can be hard, we can find them quite therapeutic as well. It might help you to just have a really open and honest convo with him. 

Also, I'm wondering, are you able to tell me three things you like about yourself or your body? We can get so down about what we don't like and forget that there are loads of things we do like. When you next have a negative thought, why don't you try going through the list of three things you do like? If you keep doing this over time, you can change your perspective from a negative to a positive one. Let me know what you think :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e