What is your biggest fear?

jake ย  ย 

Been thinking about the things I'm scared of lately, I think my biggest fear is public speaking. Even in front of a few people in class i HATE it. What's your biggest fear?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Nope 1

Just now, jake said:

Been thinking about the things I'm scared of lately, I think my biggest fear is public speaking. Even in front of a few people in class i HATE it. What's your biggest fear?

omg i hate public speaking too, whenever i do it i don't even remember it's just a blank!

ย 

my worst fear is spider urrghh ew ew ew

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, jake said:

ย 

1 hour ago, cloudzs said:

omg i hate public speaking too, whenever i do it i don't even remember it's just a blank!

my worst fear is spider urrghh ew ew ew

One suggestion I heard about public speaking that certainly helped me is to tell yourself that you are excited during moments that you feel anxious. It weirdly tricks your brain into feeling more positively about it. Also start small and scale up!

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

I don't have a fear of public speaking, but I do get nervous before doing it (or on public performances). I overcame it because I would always get stuck with incompetent groupmates and I'd always be the one to present the work. I also got used to it because I was part of the school choir and we performed often. I'm not really sure how to help you, but I found that speaking up in group discussions and being more active there helped me a lot. It gave me a lot of confidence, and that's where I really learned (I always knew, but never really thought about it) that it's ok to make mistakes. Because it was that way that people recognized me as someone who was active and they were genuinely ok when I messed up because they knew I tried my best. I hope that helped you! ^^

Btw, I'm afraid of closely packed circles (trypophobia) and of butterflies.ย 

• Like 1
  • Yaaas 1

10 minutes ago, dewberry and stars said:

I don't have a fear of public speaking, but I do get nervous before doing it (or on public performances). I overcame it because I would always get stuck with incompetent groupmates and I'd always be the one to present the work. I also got used to it because I was part of the school choir and we performed often. I'm not really sure how to help you, but I found that speaking up in group discussions and being more active there helped me a lot. It gave me a lot of confidence, and that's where I really learned (I always knew, but never really thought about it) that it's ok to make mistakes. Because it was that way that people recognized me as someone who was active and they were genuinely ok when I messed up because they knew I tried my best. I hope that helped you! ^^

Btw, I'm afraid of closely packed circles (trypophobia) and of butterflies.ย 

omg i bet being in the choir took a lot of courage, how did you build up to that or have you always been chill about it?ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jake said:

omg i bet being in the choir took a lot of courage, how did you build up to that or have you always been chill about it?ย 

I've actually always wanted to be part of my school choir,ย  so I tried to audition. It was pretty ok with me since there was only one person in the room and he was a teacher I was familiar with. I also kept getting discouraged because I tried out for 3 times in a row, (auditions are once a year) and I got rejected. So, on my last year, I heard that the choir manager changed and I wanted to try again. To be honest, I almost didn't because I didn't want to embarass myself again. Surprisingly, I got in and we've won competitions bigger than any that the previous choir manager had. The new choir manager was also very strict and it contributed a lot to my low self - esteem and depression now, but she's also the reason why I'm a much better singer now.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My biggest fears are spiders and small spaces.

I once came out of my bathroom and walked past a HUGE spider (for british standards) and when my mum caught it It moved around the glass soooo fast I never want to see a spider again

Also I once went to Portugal with my friend and there was a pool with a separate kiddy pool attached to it with holes so the water flowed through. So naturally me and my friend thought it was a good idea to SWIM THROUGH THE SMALL UNDERWATER HOLES. And I got stuck.

Maybe I have a fear of drowning aswell??

My biggest fear is needles it started when I was seven stepped on a sowing needle and the eye side went into my foot last time I got a shot I nearly freaked outย 

Ive never had do deal with needles as I dont get vaccines or anything but I get where your coming from!

Edited by MoonieOwl
Wrote the wrong thing

Iโ€™m really freaked out by things I canโ€™t seeโ€ฆ it doesnโ€™t help that Iโ€™m blind as a bat without my glasses lol. I hate the dark and the ocean, and any other bodies of water where you canโ€™t see whatโ€™s underneath. And also ghostsโ€ฆ that might sound kinda dumb but weird unexplainable things happen all the time!

I also hate going in water where I cant see whats underneath! My mind jumps straight to big sharks and stuff and then i get scared lol!

14 minutes ago, MoonieOwl said:

I also hate going in water where I cant see whats underneath! My mind jumps straight to big sharks and stuff and then i get scared lol!

Lol same! Like whenever I feel the seaweed brush up against my leg Iโ€™m always worried that itโ€™s some kind of dangerous fish or sharkโ€ฆ also Iโ€™m afraid of standing on the ocean floor while Iโ€™m in the water because Iโ€™m afraid thereโ€™ll be crabs or other pokey things that Iโ€™ll step on