Saying hi kind of fells stupid, but Hi,

Lexi-and-Lost    

Hello. I'm Lexi-and-Lost. 

I'm a bisexual and have only just come out to my friends, at 20, so leaving it a bit late considering I have known since I was 9. Saying hi on something like this does feel weird to me and a bit stupid but I think being somewhere where I can be who I am, is going to help. 

Thanks. 

Hey @Lexi-and-Lost

Welcome to our community :)

Well done for coming out. How does it all feel? Life is the best when we are somewhere we feel we can be ourselves, and that is absolutely what we do here!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi. Coming out feels a bit strange, and like i have 2 people inside me. The one people think they know and the one I am. But overall I feel sort of better about it all knowing there is somewhere I can talk about it. 

Hey @Lexi-and-Lost

Yeah, it feels strange to most people who come out. I think that overtime, it might feel less like you have two people inside you as they get to know the part that you've been hiding. How did people react to your news? 

Guest Kristmas

I am bisexual too and I'm currently 13, it was hard to come out to my anti LGBTQ+ friend but once I did I felt a relief. Even though now we still talk, she sees me in a different way, it might not be the same, but it was a challenge and I hope you will get through it with support from friends.

4 hours ago, Lexi-and-Lost said:

Well I've actually only told my step brothers and my best friends, and even then I was very cautious because they are very religious. 

ahhh, okay. how did it go with telling them? it can be so tricky telling religious people, but we find that even if they have a bad reaction, they usually come around to the news and that it can just take time :)

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey Lexi,

Glad you've been able to get some initial advice! Welcome to community :) 

Staff-Account.png