Hellooo I’m Feeling Confused

Raijin    

Note: I am very new to LGBTQIA+ terminology and I don’t mean to offend anyone. All of this has happened in the last few days and I am posting cause I am confused about how I am feeling and I just needed to talk to someone about it. So thanks, I hope this post makes sense!

For all of my life up until now I’ve considered myself to be okay with being a guy. Now over the last few days I’ve had feelings of wanting to be a girl or at least wishing I was born as a girl. I’ve never felt this way before and I’m just really confused. But after thinking about it for a while I’ve decided that I don’t have any desire to go trans and I don’t feel like I am betraying myself or not being true to my feelings of wishing I was a girl.

Throughout my childhood I’ve realized that the reason I didn’t feel like I fit in was because I wanted to be with girls but they wouldn’t accept me as “like them or like a girl� I also never felt that I fit in with guys cause I am too feminine. It makes more sense now.

I think I have come to terms with who I want to be at least so far. I want to identify as genderqueer. Because I don’t have to worry about being masculine because I am a guy but now I can be both masculine and feminine. I wish people would see me as a person and not a guy or a girl or anyone else. Just a person.

Hey @Raijin

Thanks for reaching out to us. My name is Monsoon and I'm one of the digital support mentors here at Ditch the Label. It must feel pretty overwhelming for you at the moment, especially as it's only happened over the last few days. What do you think started these feelings? I think that it's great that you have recognised that you want to identify as genderqueer. When you think of yourself as genderqueer, does the label feel like the right fit for you?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e