How will people come to understand people with depression?

Jennifer Robert    

Hey Jenny,

Thanks for coming to community. I think that society does have a way to go in terms of understanding mental health more. Depression is so common, but I think that a lot of people don't know how to help those who are going through it. We do have a support guide for this which you might want to take a look at: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/depression-how-you-can-help/

Are you struggling with depression at the moment? If you are, we can support you with this if you want. Speak soon,

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey Jenny,

I'm Remi, one of the support mentors on here and i'm just checking in to see how you are.

I agree with Monsoon, we are getting better as a society about talking about mental health, but sometimes it's hard when it's someone close to you and people don't know exactly how to react, I think a lot of us have experienced that before. It must be very frustrating.

I mean this is a slightly more jokey article, but it may help to show it to some of the people that aren't understanding depression. https://www.ditchthelabel.org/what-n...ressed-person/

Let us know, if you choose to use it and how it goes.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.