I think I'm bi, what should I do?

rosebudd    

I'm 19. I've never dated or even really kissed anyone, but I think I'm bi. I don't know what I should do though? Like since I've never been in a relationship with anyone, regardless of gender do I need to come out? Or do I just wait until I date another girl? Also aside from the fact that I think I'm bi, what should I do about not having done anything with anyone? I don't really attach any sentimental value to my virginity (because I think it's a construct) or anything and would be fine just hooking up with someone, but since I don't even have any experience kissing I'm nervous about it. Like I don't want it to be awkward and obvious how inexperienced I am. So should I just do it and not care about the awkwardness or should I explain how inexperienced I am before hand or should I just not care at all about it and just wait until whatever happens happens?

• Ditch the Label Staff

@rosebudd Hey and welcome! It's a really good question as there can be a real pressure to come out but I'd definitely say to prioritise how you feel. If you don't want to come out or you're not ready to, then don't, you don't owe anyone tis unless you want to share. Your sexuality is absolutely valid and legitimate whether you come out or not. If you want to open up you could have a conversation around that you're open to dating men or women.

I appreciate that not everyone is fortunate enough to be in a situation where that is an option and coming out can be risky in some families / homes. In those cases, we always recommend waiting until they're living independently away from home.

Do everything at your own speed and just let things develop naturally... and it will do. For most people any first times can be awkward, but that is kinda part of the experience. When it happens just go for it - if you feel comfortable telling the person you're inexperienced that's good but I don't think it's necessary. It'll come more naturally than you realise.

Staff-Account.png