I feel so ugly

k8vp    

I searched online “How to stop being ugly� and a page on this website came up. I just feel so horrible about myself, and these days it’s especially worse. I look in the mirror every day and I can always point out the things that I hate about myself immediately. Even when I think I look okay, as soon as someone takes a picture of me I always look horrible in it. Yet all my friends say I look fine and even my boyfriend tells me I’m beautiful but I can’t help but hate the way I look. I constantly wish that I looked like someone else.

• Like 1

Hi! I am new here. I just typed in google if "I was ugly" and I was prompted to this website. I didn't know other people felt that way about themselves. I thought it was just me. Because whenever I mention it to anyone, they try to reassure me that I am not ugly, which I get why they are doing. they don't want to hurt my feelings. but then I wonder how come I don't feel any different or become sad about how I look.

Hey @Jakobe @newp123 and @k8vp

I hear that you are all feeling a bit crappy about the way that you look. But it sounds like the people around you can see the beauty in you?! And don't you see beauty in the people around you. If you looked like someone else you wouldn't be you! We are all unique and life would be so so boring if we all looked the same.

I hear you though, I am no stranger myself to listening to that little voice in my head that tells me I am not good enough, but you have to challenge that voice and start finding things to love about yourself daily. It takes time but it has to start with your mindset and everything else will be able to fall into place.

At least we know we aren't alone feeling like this from time to time.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

You have to challenge it, and say sorry but that is just not true.

Try doing daily affirmations such as "I am whole, just the way I am"

"I am perfectly imperfect" You could also put posties around your mirror with compliments for yourself. Turn up the positive and turn down the negative. Give it a try, it takes a little while - Also meditate this really helps clear your thoughts. Remi

Honestly it’s a relief to know that there are others that feel this way. I have went through life just accepting the fact that I am ugly and that I will never be found beautiful by anyone. Of course my family will tell me I’m beautiful but outside of them not once has anyone told me I looked amazing or stunning. Every time I think that I have finally accepted this fact as reality I find myself crying at the fact that I’m going to die alone because no one will ever find me attractive. Even now typing this there are tears in my eyes as I think about all the negative thoughts and feelings I have had through all these years. Why can’t I just accept the fact that I will look this way my whole life and will stay single because no one will ever find me beautiful.

Hello @EvelessForever

That's a real shame that you think this way. If only really attractive people got partners the world would end because no one would procreate! People of all different looks and walks of life fall in love. Looks is only such a small part of that. You fall in love with people's personality and kindness, looks really aren't such a big thing. I promise you. People will remember how you made them feel, not what you looked like.

Remi

• 2 months later...
You have to challenge it, and say sorry but that is just not true.

Try doing daily affirmations such as "I am whole, just the way I am"

"I am perfectly imperfect" You could also put posties around your mirror with compliments for yourself. Turn up the positive and turn down the negative. Give it a try, it takes a little while - Also meditate this really helps clear your thoughts. Remi

I tried this and at first I felt really weird doing it but it does actually work :) Even laughing at myself doing it made me feel a bit better too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends

I feel awful. I've been trying to reach out almost everywhere i see but nobody pays attention. Yesterday i got my contact lenses and saw myself in the mirror. I haven't stopped crying since. When i hsd poor eyesight everything was not so horrible but now i can't take out my lenses.

• Ditch the Label Staff
Hello friends

I feel awful. I've been trying to reach out almost everywhere i see but nobody pays attention. Yesterday i got my contact lenses and saw myself in the mirror. I haven't stopped crying since. When i hsd poor eyesight everything was not so horrible but now i can't take out my lenses.

Hey and welcome to community. I'm so sorry you feel this way and we see you and your worth. We are all far more than our reflection in a mirror but truly being that takes work and challenging our negative thoughts. What is your support network like around you?

Staff-Account.png