I am technically overweight but am conflicted about losing weight

ELLIER25    

TW: Losing weight

Going byby B standards I am considered obese. I'm 5'5 and 185lbs. I don't particularly hate my body but feel that I should lose weight so as to be healthier and be able to wear clothes that I like but don't feel comfortable in at the minute. I also feel that I would look prettier if I were thinner, especially as I am going on holiday to Greece in the summer. However I also don't want to deprive myself of food that I enjoy, and find exercise extremely difficult due to lack of energy.

Hope some of you can help me out with advice and support :)

Hello @ELLIER25

It's great that you don't hate your body, that is a good place to start from when we want to make ourselves healthier. Could you try gentle excercise such as long walks, or a dance class, or maybe try playing a sport? So it's fun as well as getting you feeling healthy too. You are pretty and beautiful no matter what your size.

Try eating foods with energy like lots of proteins and good carbohydrates and you may find you have more energy, slow release sugars over lots of fast release ones should help too.

Is there anything active you are drawn to at the moment?

remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.