Screwed up eating habits

Lauren or Tom    

School has this breakfast club and the foods free so natually I took advantage of that and ate but eventually I started to arrive to school late and miss out on breakfast and I wouldn't eat until lunch which is in 2 hours. My brain and stomach got used to this and even on weekends I wasn't eating and now my mum's getting worried as I'd say that I didn't kno what to eat and she'd get this idea that I'm not eating.

Well, I am but not all the time. I love food and I eat both lunch and dinner but I never had time to eat breakfast at school.

Now that I'm on school holidays for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to fix my eating habits. I have moments where I feel like throwing up at the thought of eating breakfast and not hungry but other moments where I can't stop eating.

How do I fix this?

Hey Tom,

So are you eating a full lunch and dinner every day? If so it may not be so important if you just aren't eating first thing in the morning as some of us feel ill first thing. Could you take some things from breakfast club and eat them later in the day. As long as you are eating regularly then this is okay so don't force yourself to eat first thing when you wake up. Have you tried smoothies? This may be a nice thing to have in the morning.

I'd say communicate with your Mum that you find it hard to eat first thing when you wake up. Find the foods that you like to eat and try and listen to what your body wants as it usually will tell you.

What do you currently eat in the mornings?

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I try to eat a full lunch but even when I try to eat something then im not hungry. I have smoothies for lunch when im at school but at home when i do eat breakfast or lunch its toast.

like i said im eating sometimes if i feel like it and then i procastinate to advoid eating.

i also drink coffee and love coffee but even then im too lazy to make a coffee

Hello @Lauren or Tom

Coffee can make you lose your appetite so it's not good to have more than one of two a day, its also not great for anxiety. Try not to panic if you aren't always hungry at mealtimes but when you are hungry listen to your body and give it food. Remember food is our bodies fuel and it's been proven that a poor diet is linked to poor mental health so eating regularly is an awesome way to self care. It doesn't always have to be breakfast, lunch and dinner at those times but as long as you are eating enough throughout the day.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.