Sexuality/coming out/self harm

Mae.m.pilot    

Hi I’m Mae, I’m 15 years old and I’m Bi! I had a fight with my family over LBGT community and stuff related to that topic not too long ago! During that fight I asked my parents what they would do if I was gay or something of thoses lines and they told me I would be throw out of the house and never allowed about home! I have a girlfriend and date multiple different girls and boys and I’m absolutely scared to death to tell my parents but at the same time I wanted to come out to them! In the past I’ve even try killing myself because of this kinda of stuff and honestly I have no idea what to do anymore! Things just keep getting worse and worser! 😢

Edited by Mae.m.pilot

Hello @Mae.m.pilot

We're sorry to hear that this has caused you so much distress.

How are you feeling now? Please make sure you reach out to someone if you ever feel like ending your own life again, feelings can and often do change.

Please see here: https://www.ditchthelabel.org/community/forum/the-hub/27340-what-to-do-if-you-are-in-danger-or-are-feeling-suicidal.

I know it's hard but your safety is paramount so it is worth waiting until you have an exit route or you are old enough to move out of home before you tell them so that you don't sacrifice somewhere to live. If you are 'scared to death' as you say then right now may not be the right time. I didn't come out as bisexual to my Mom until I had my first girlfriend at 24. Take your time and don't feel rushed and the most important thing you can do right now is look after your mental wellbeing.

We are here for you,

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.