sexuality & gender issues, mental ilnesses & how school has effected my life

ilowkeyjustneedhelp    

Hi,

I'm a sixteen (/17) year old girl who is pansexual and diagnosed with a depression dissorder and social anxiety dissorder.

I live somewhere in Europe and my english isn't that good. I'm a freshman in college and have therapy twice a week.

I don't know why I do this but probably to get shit off my chest, anyway, if u read this so far and u want some friends or whatever, message me cuz im hella bored and lonely

Edited by ilowkeyjustneedhelp

Hello @ilowkeyjustneedhelp

I'm glad you have a good support system in place for you and that you are receiving regular support for your mental health, how is your therapy helping you currently?

Your English seems great to me. That's exactly what this community is here for so feel free to get anything off your chest that you need to and share your experience of positive talking therapies as well.

What are you up to this week?

Remi

Edited by Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Therapy hasn't helped me since my therapist lowkey forgot about me lol.

Haven't been to therapy for almost 2 months now but i really wish she would reach out to me since life just sucks right now.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Reach out to her - you deserve to get the right support. It's definitely annoying when we have to chase these things but remind them that you're here and need to see them!

Staff-Account.png

Hello,

This may be the reason you haven't heard from your therapist. It is likely she needs parental permission to contact and usually this is held with the client. Could you ask to speak to a counsellor at school?

Remi

Hello @ilowkeyjustneedhelp

I'm glad you have a good support system in place for you and that you are receiving regular support for your mental health, how is your therapy helping you currently?

Your English seems great to me. That's exactly what this community is here for so feel free to get anything off your chest that you need to and share your experience of positive talking therapies as well.

What are you up to this week?

Remi

Hey @ilowkeyjustneedhelp

I'm a 13-year-old girl who lives far from her home country, probably suffers from anxiety (I'm not diagnosed), and currently confused about her sexuality. I came here to get things off my chest as well and maybe here I can find some help to try and figure out my sexuality. I'm bored af as well so ye. See ya, I guess.

Hey again or maybe you haven't seen my comment. But yea, Uhm...

Well, I'm 13 years old and I've been living away from my home country for almost half of my life now, and I'm about to move again to a new country. I'm really worried about moving because I'm going to have to make new friends and all that jazz. It was simple for me to make friends in the country I live in now, but that was before I became very selfconscious of myself. I am scared about having to "start life again," because I will have to make a reputation, new friends, and still have to deal with the following problems below.

I am currently dealing with anxiety, but I'm not sure it's so bad that I need therapy. I have had panic/anxiety attacks often and I can't focus because I get so much anxiety it feels like it is flooding my brain. But I''m not sure whether it is real or me wanting to be special and have anxiety and sexuality problems. Boohoo, this kid has a dramatic story. That's what I'm afraid I'm doing to myself, just changing myself to become interesting or is this really me.

I have also started to question my sexuality a lot recently. It started last year when I started liking one of my friends. I talked to my parents about it; my dad was super supportive but my mom was kind of acting as though I was joking or "going through a phase." After that, she left and I never did any research about it or tried to think it through. But then, the next academic year rolled around and I started noticing things about girls I never noticed before. Also, I got TikTok (I know, cringy but whatever, thank my cousins), and I started noticing boys, girls and non-binary people on TikTok. Then, after I came from school one day, I began doing research about sexuality and feelings. Now, I do that almost every day, because it happens so often at school when I question myself. I told my friends about this problem and first started identifying as Bito them. Then my feelings started to change and I decided not to set labels I was and probably still am obsessed with labeling myself so I can either get it over with or start telling people. However, I know I should rush myself. I need some help.

Is anyone willing to help?

Hey again or maybe you haven't seen my comment. But yea, Uhm...

Well, I'm 13 years old and I've been living away from my home country for almost half of my life now, and I'm about to move again to a new country. I'm really worried about moving because I'm going to have to make new friends and all that jazz. It was simple for me to make friends in the country I live in now, but that was before I became very selfconscious of myself. I am scared about having to "start life again," because I will have to make a reputation, new friends, and still have to deal with the following problems below.

I am currently dealing with anxiety, but I'm not sure it's so bad that I need therapy. I have had panic/anxiety attacks often and I can't focus because I get so much anxiety it feels like it is flooding my brain. But I''m not sure whether it is real or me wanting to be special and have anxiety and sexuality problems. Boohoo, this kid has a dramatic story. That's what I'm afraid I'm doing to myself, just changing myself to become interesting or is this really me.

I have also started to question my sexuality a lot recently. It started last year when I started liking one of my friends. I talked to my parents about it; my dad was super supportive but my mom was kind of acting as though I was joking or "going through a phase." After that, she left and I never did any research about it or tried to think it through. But then, the next academic year rolled around and I started noticing things about girls I never noticed before. Also, I got TikTok (I know, cringy but whatever, thank my cousins), and I started noticing boys, girls and non-binary people on TikTok. Then, after I came from school one day, I began doing research about sexuality and feelings. Now, I do that almost every day, because it happens so often at school when I question myself. I told my friends about this problem and first started identifying as Bito them. Then my feelings started to change and I decided not to set labels I was and probably still am obsessed with labeling myself so I can either get it over with or start telling people. However, I know I should rush myself. I need some help.

Is anyone willing to help?

Hi, im not a professional so a little disclaimer lol

but i've been there man, i actually still am. I think it is important for you to express yourself towards other people but also toward yourself since you gotta like you (: if your anxiety is bad and you have suffered from anxiety attacks and etc. i'd advice to go and talk to someone about it, maybe first your parents if you'd like to see a therapist. About your sexuality & maybe even gender identity, it's quite normal to experience some doubt in your sexuality. My parents don't accept me as non-binary (not quite sure about that tho) but they do think me being pansexual is a phase. I came out 3 years ago as bisexual and due to more information i found out that i was in fact pansexual.

I'm happy for you that your dad is accepting of your sexuality! About your mom... maybe she finds it difficult to cope with but i'm sure she'll turn around if you continue talking about it! What helped me is that i also looked up information about genders and sexuality so when someone asked me 'what does pansexual means?' i could explain it and they could understand it more.

So maybe your mom needs to be more educated about the subject.

i hope i helped in any way, let me know if you want any tips or help or whatever (:

(also i didn't saw your comment sorry!)

Hey there @BrattNika2006

Yeah, I feel you, starting again can feel really scary, but it can also be a real positive thing. Change can be really healthy and stepping outside your comfort zone and meeting new people could be the start of something really amazing for you.

Especially if you are exploring your sexuality (totally normal) it means you can do this in a new place without everyone knowing you. I would encourage you not to get too obsessed with searching for a label. I promise you you cannot rush these things and overtime and with experiences your identity will become clearer and no amount google searches will speed up this process for you. You and your identity are unique to you and we don't all fit neatly into boxes no matter how hard we try. Just focus on getting to know yourself, listen to your thoughts and your feelings, maybe even try meditation to get to know yourself a bit more.

How does that sound? Where are you moving to, will you know anyone there?

Remi

Hey there @BrattNika2006

Yeah, I feel you, starting again can feel really scary, but it can also be a real positive thing. Change can be really healthy and stepping outside your comfort zone and meeting new people could be the start of something really amazing for you.

Especially if you are exploring your sexuality (totally normal) it means you can do this in a new place without everyone knowing you. I would encourage you not to get too obsessed with searching for a label. I promise you you cannot rush these things and overtime and with experiences your identity will become clearer and no amount google searches will speed up this process for you. You and your identity are unique to you and we don't all fit neatly into boxes no matter how hard we try. Just focus on getting to know yourself, listen to your thoughts and your feelings, maybe even try meditation to get to know yourself a bit more.

How does that sound? Where are you moving to, will you know anyone there?

Remi

Dear @Remi,

Thank you so much for your help! I will follow the advice you have given me. Thank you! I will keep on posting any questions or problems I have here so I can get help. Thank you for understanding. I am going to move to Dubai, and I know some people there but all adults. Anyways, thank you so much.

Talk to you soon,

Brattnika