What to do if you have a toxic friend?

Sadi    

Hey,

I suspect a friend of mine (I'll refer to them as 'A') is trying to distance me from the rest of my friends. This happened kinda recently, and for no apparent reason, 'A' sits strategically between me and my friends, or somehow gets them to sit somewhere else, and have conversations leaving me out, and I think

Hey,

I suspect a friend of mine (I'll refer to them as 'A') is trying to distance me from the rest of my friends. This happened kinda recently, and for no apparent reason, 'A' sits strategically between me and my friends, or somehow gets them to sit somewhere else, and have conversations leaving me out (and probably about me.), or whenever 'A' does talk to me, its usually criticizing or teasing me, and somehow manages to get my other friends involved.

I might be just paranoid, but it is kinda co-incedental, and its getting annoying. Worse thing is, I was friends with 'A' for a pretty long time. And as far as I can remember, I don't think I did anything wrong.

I really wish I just had friends I could talk comfortably to, and not just tease each other.

Suggestions?

(Sorry, this is the full description.)

Hello @Sadi ,

Welcome to our community. Being excluded in a friendship group can be so horrible. I'm sure it's nothing that you have done and maybe this friend just feels a bit threatened and wants to solidify her place in the friendship group. Could you try talking to the friend one on one and asking her if there is anything she is upset about and explain that you feel a bit left out and see what she says. You can always create distance from this friend if she does not respect your feelings.

Let us know how it goes with your friend.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.