I BELIEVE I AM UGLY

Art1234    

Hello,

I have this strong feeling that I am unattractive. I have a huge none and small breasts. I am 18 and nobody has ever looked at me. My mom says that I am not ugly but I can't believe her, I feel differently. I believe I'm from the ones that you would never look at the street and say this is a nice girl. I am bellow average and the problem is that my sister is more beautiful as my friends are. I am an introvert and I don't have a lot of friends either. Maybe people don't want to hang out with me because they believe I am a weirdo because of my nose and my ugly face. I don't have a boyfriend because I am too ugly for someone to start a conversation with me. please help me

Hi @Art1234

I know you said you don't believe it, but I will say it: you're not ugly. You are unique. You are beautiful. You are attractive.

For the record, I'm 18, female, I have have small breasts, I have a small ass, I don't have curves, I don't wear make up, I still have spots, I don't do my eyebrows, and I'm definitely weird. I've only ever had one guy interested in me, and unfortunately no girls yet (I'm bi). But you know what? that's me. This is me. I'm also quite thin, and I've often said 'I wish I was a little chunkier', or 'I wish I had curves/a bigger bum/bigger breasts' etc etc. But, now I realise that I don't NEED that to be me. I'm unique: I have small breasts, a small bum, no curves. But that's me. You're you.

What I'm saying is: you don't need to fit the female stereotypes society has created to be deemed 'beautiful' or 'attractive'. You can be female and be short, thin, not curvy, with small breasts, and still be beautiful.

Body confidence nowadays is a tricky thing: society doesn't help, like I said. Men and women believe they have to be and look a certain way, and most people have someone they know who they will say is more beautiful then they are. It isn't true.

It can be tough to feel confident in your body, not feel ugly. But believe me, you're not, and you're not alone.

I'm not sure if what I've said helps? But hopefully knowing my story has helped a little? Seriously, you're not ugly.

• Ditch the Label Staff

@Art1234 hey, I can assure you, that you are not ugly. You are beautiful and unique. When you say you don't believe your mom - why is this?

It's unfortunate that we tend to always focus on the negative rather than the positive (for example if we had 99 lovely comments but one negative, it's that one that will stick in our mind). But there are things we can do to like ourself and love ourself - it takes work but you are completely worth the time and energy.

Start by telling yourself one nice positive thing about yourself each day and build up slowly.

Staff-Account.png