I’m feeling ugly and no one will love me.

Mishelbiv    

I’m Mishel, and mostly when I get into Instagram I start to fell ugly, I see a lot of imperfections in me, I feel that I’ll love myself until I get a plastic surgery or something. I’ve never had I boyfriend, I think almost no one will ever love me the way I am. Even my family say I’m too ugly.

Hello @Mishelbiv

For starters unfollow Instagram accounts that make you feel this way, you know that this isn't reality, this is an image with filters, the perfect lighting, holding in their stomaches or getting perfect angles, no one looks like this 24/7 so there is no way you could ever look like this person, because this person does not exist!!

What would plastic surgery change for you do you think? You would just find something else to dislike about yourself, what you need to work on is your confidence and this is something most of us struggle with!! It is about challenging negative thoughts and trying to find some happy and nice positive things to say to yourself!

Your worth is not based by whether or not you have a boyfriend, people or all differnet types, shapes, sizes and beauties have partners and this has nothing to do with attractiveness we are attracted to people for so many different reasons - looks are just another small quality on a very very long list.

Someone will love you the way you are but you may have to love yourself first.

We are here for you!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing on social media is solely real and authentic, people posting what look like amazing pictures are probably insecure like you, unfortunately in our society everyone is pressured to be and look perfect, but I prefer real to perfect , real is beautiful , another person will see that, and see that in you one day, don’t let anyone tell you that you aren’t beautiful.

Hey @abirose

What kind words, you are so right, I much prefer real to perfect too!

We are all so beautiful in our own ways and I wish more people could see that.

Remi

Edited by Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I used to feel that way, in fact my diary was probably full of “I’m ugly and no one is ever going to love me�s but I wish I could tell my younger self not to worry so much about it and to go out and live your life. I didn’t know it then, but I would eventually move to another state, meet amazing people, start exercising for me and not just to lose weight, and when I least expected it I stumbled on my husband. Everyone is worthy of love - but until you find someone to love- work on yourself. Become the best possible version of yourself and you’ll be happier about life in general.