I have an issue with how I look

Elizzabeth    

Hello there, I am Elizabeth (not actually my real name) but I need help as for as long as I can remember I have always had low selfesteem, for me it is because, I am not curvy enough like I need to have wide hips and a small waist,but unfortunately not the case so I binged on food but I have gained it mainly on my stomach and not the places I wanted.

Also I feel like I'm ugly every time someone takes a picture of me I just want to delete it I have cried many times over this. The other day me and friend were walking into town and she has all these men stare at her at that moment I just felt ugly and unattractive I cried that night wishing I would wake up pretty and I have felt this way since looking up videos on YouTube but I just don't know what to do.

So please if anyone comes across this post please give me some advice on what to do. Thank you

Hi there @Elizabeth

Self esteem regarding one's body is a tricky thing nowadays, I feel. There are so many stereotypes about how a woman should look, the right way to dress, the right structure to have, etc etc. The truth is: it's all a load of rubbish. I'm female and I do not have curves. I'm thin, quite straight, haven't got prominent hips, haven't got a large butt and I haven't got large breasts. And you know what? Doesn't matter. I'm unique, it's me, just like you're unique. Your shape and appearance doesn't have to be the same as a model's or an actress, or any other woman. For a long time, I've been wishing for hips/curves, but I've realised that I don't need to them to be me. Sure, I still would quite like some, and as I've grown older my hips have started to become a tiny bit more prominent, but honestly, it doesn't matter. You are pretty, you are unique, you are beautiful and you are attractive.

Regarding the whole photograph thing: I'm pretty sure most people are photo shy haha. It is difficult though to feel confident in front of a camera. But like I said, although it's difficult to feel confident about your body, you ARE unique and pretty. Trust me.

If there are things you drastically want changing about yourself though, remember that you can go forward and make these changes, but don't make them just to fit a stereotype because you're beautiful and you don't need to be the same as a model.

I hope this helps you in some way and I hope I've worded it okay and that it doesn't sound confusing D: <3

Thank you what you said doesn't sound confusing at all 😀. I guess it was something I needed to hear for myself from someone who hasn't seen me or who doesn't know me so they won't judge my image or have their opinion over how my body looks to them.

I want to say thank you again! I know it will be a long journey accepting myself but hopefully I will get their it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has had these thoughts.

@Elizzabeth No problem at all! I understand that. No judging here. You're beautiful, trust me. And it might take time for you to accept yourself, but you will one day. <3