Body confidence at the beach

Marv    

I'm off on holiday tomorrow with my cousins and fam. When we go to the beach, me, my sisters and older cousin always go in the sea. They both have a swimming costume, I don't. I haven't had one for years. I'm always that person who ends up in the sea with a tshirt and shorts on. Not a problem. People do that. I just... they always say now to 'bring something that you can go in the sea in', preferably not denim shorts, and the salt water ruined my tshirt last time. I want a swimming outfit, not just for the beach but also for swimming at the pool, but.. It's so embarrassing.. I guess, we all know what puberty is, so I'll say it. I'm female, I don't shave *down there* and I don't want to. I do feel pressured to do so through social media and through the idea of going on the beach, but I really really don't want to. It's just a choice I've made. But when I'm at the beach, I'm afraid to wear anything less than shorts because, well, swim costumes for women are kinda... revealing... ya know?. I feel embarrassed if I ask to buy swim shorts and a top, I don't know why. Maybe it's because its different from all the women wearing a regular swim suit. Maybe I should just buy my own swim shorts and top? Or maybe this summer I'll just go in some regular shorts and a vest?

Hey @Marv

Totally up to you what to wear on the beach as the only prerequisite for a beach body is to have a body and take it to the beach but it is important for you to be comfy.

If you are self-conscious about showing your bikini line then most shops have swim shorts that you can wear in the sea with a swimming costume. Swimming costumes are good because they are made of a material that dries quickly and doesn't weigh you down in the water.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

@Remi That's true... I might buy some swim shorts. I'm pretty sure I've seen women in ones that are quick dry too. Thank you Remi :)