Mixed feelings about my family

Stygimoloch    

I guess wanting to move out is normal for every teenager, but I don't know if I really want to, or I just want to run away from problems.

We (parents, three younger sisters and me) live in a three roomed flat, one room is parents bedroom, other is ours and the third one is living room, kitchen and all other stuff. It may sound horrible, but the rooms are quite big (our bedroom is 9x7m) but my problem isn't in lack of space, it's that I don't have any privacy. Sometime I just wish for my own room and I know it is impossible, so the only other choice is to move out. I like my family and all, but my sisters are fighting over something all the time and it is just suffering sometimes.

Also one of my biggest dreams from childhood was having a pet. I wanted a dog, but my mom always told me that she would have to take care of it, because we are in school lot of time. I can't say that it isn't true, so I proposed a different pet: ball python. I understand that some people are afraid of snakes and all, but it is only under meter long, non-venomous and not strong enough to choke you. Only way it can harm you is by biting you, but that only happens if you leave him hungry. Learned everything I need to take care of it, and I have enough saved money for most of the things I need (I would probably need financial help with medical expenses but that's all) I am able to take care of it and all, but after presenting all of this to my parents, they just disapproved it again.

I don't know what to do, I guess I just wait until I'll be able to have my own flat.

Hello @Stygimoloch

Ahh I feel you. I had to share a room with my brother growing up and I HATED it. But it isn't for too long and now I live on my own I kinda miss having my family around.

As for having a pet, OMG I love dogs and snakes but that just means when you do move out in the future you can do that and they will be just your pets instead of having to share them with your family. Having a dog is such a huge responsibility, I haven't got one yet because realistically its a 15 year commitment!!! And I struggle with a one year phone contract. How long do snakes live?

So I know it's annoying sharing a room but you may miss your family when it's time to move out.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I don't hate living with them in one room, I just hate to tidy after them! Because, honestly, when you go to sleep, it's dark, you can't see anything... and then BOOM - LEGO ON THE FLOOR! But I believe that everyone went trough this.

Yeah and ball pythons can live more than 30 years in captivity lol

Actually, I think we tried it, but it never really worked. Now we are on system that when I say that there is nowhere to step anymore, they have a two choices: They will help with tidying or they'll sit on the chair until we finish it. This was my moms idea and it kinda works. Firstly I was doing it alone, but they changed their mind after sitting there for almost a whole day, 'cause I was doing it alone (I almost died lol)

This weekend we've done it again and worked pretty well, I;m just quite pissed that it will last for like less than week and there will be mess again...

You would be surprised how many toys we have - because there are four of us and all girls, and when you have birthday, you want a toy. So we counted it, and we have around 40 barbie dolls. I almost fainted at that number.

I suggested long time ago to get rid of some old toys or toys for toddlers, either sell or donate it, but nobody has a nerves to sort them out.

Hey,

Could you organise a yard sale maybe and then that might be a fun thing to do as a house, or offer some local young kids to come and have a look at the toys??

Haha I think I had about 5 barbies and that seemed like a lot!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.