HI! I have survived 2 suicide attempts and in recovery. Hope to meet new friends!

lorettawanda    

Hello everyone, I am new here!

A little about myself:

I am in recovery for about a year now from depression and bipolar disorder. It was really hard to work out my struggles and come out of my dark cloud. But I think I am feeling better than ever! I had to do a lot of therapy and figure out medications but I also practice mindfulness and meditation and it helps me a lot.

I am also suffering from body dysmorphic disorder because I was bullied for my eyes and stuff as the only Asian person at my school when I was small. My parents weren't super supportive and separated as well and I have some other traumas in my young life. So my biggest issue is still feeling completely worthy. But I hope things will get better in this area.

Maybe I can relate to someone here, because it's tough out there sometimes but I believe if we people who can support us, life can be easier.

What are some of your stories and experiences? All insights are welcome, and hope I can get any recommendations on things to help aide the recovery process!!

Best,

Loretta

Edited by lorettawanda

Hello Loretta,

Welcome to our community.

Your strength and determination really shines through and I hope you connect with other people on here too.

You're right, life is best when we are supporting eachother!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello Loretta,

Welcome to our community.

Your strength and determination really shines through and I hope you connect with other people on here too.

You're right, life is best when we are supporting eachother!

Remi

Thanks for the warm welcome Remi!