Does anyone have any coming out advice/help???

Namos    

I am a trans male but live in a very traditional family and my dad and brother are not very pro lgbt+. My mom Is a lot more open minded but doesn’t know much about the community or anything and doesn’t acknowledge some of my try’s to bring up the subject/coming out attempts.

Hello Namos,

Welcome to our community - thank you for posting this to us.

Could you make a conscious effort to try and inform your Mom about the trans community a bit more? Like watching the film The Danish Girl together to open up some conversation. It may take your family a little while to come around to something they don't really have any understanding of what you are experiencing. Could you link your mom to a few articles too?

Don't feel rushed to share this part of yourself unless you feel ready to.

Here are some of our tips for coming out written by Lewis Hancox, I think you will relate to him. https://www.ditchthelabel.org/8-tips-for-coming-out-as-trans/

Sending lots of solidarity your way and keep us updated with how chatting to your Mum goes.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello Namos,

Welcome to our community - thank you for posting this to us.

Could you make a conscious effort to try and inform your Mom about the trans community a bit more. Like watching the film The Danish Girl together to open up some conversation. It may take your family a little while to come around to something they don't really have any understanding of what you are experiencing. Could you link your mom to a few articles too?

Don't feel rushed to share this part of yourself unless you feel ready to.

Here are some of our tips for coming out written by Lewis Hancox, I think you will relate to him.

Sending lots of solidarity your way

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.