How do you know if...

Marv    

Okay, I have a couple questions which I really need to know the answer to because no ones ever told me and I don't want to google it because someone might happen to see my search history - what ever I search on google pops up on my search bar on my phone/laptop, so I don't want to google it. I've been paying close attention to whether my theory that I like girls more than guys (im bisexual) is true. Im very sure it is true. But there's one thing I need to know: how does one know if one is turned on? / what causes someone to be 'turned on'?

When I see girls, I get this feeling. I can't really explain it, but I feel kinda fulfilled, I feel satisfied(?), I feel something in my stomach, and I feel kinda odd haha. I dont know, but i definitely dont get it with guys.

Sorry its weird and awkward and something i should probly know at 18, but i dont...

Edited by Marv

Hello Marv,

Just FYI - you can usually turn on ignognito or 'hidden' mode on your phone which should enable you to search for things without it appearing on your search history or on other devises.

But as we've said before, the internet can be a vast hole of misinformation so it's good you came here first.

Well... what turns people on and what it feels like to be turned on is a lot about personal taste and preference. As you sexually mature you will figure out what you like and what turns you on sexually. When you have a partner this is something you can explore with them, it's so important to have clear communication during this saying what you like and what you equally don't like.

But as for just you. Masturbation is a really good way of figuring out what turns you on. For some people this can feel like being flush in the cheeks, you may also notice a throbbing in your genitals and you may be more lubricated than usual, your skin could become sensitive to the touch and you might become warmer than normal.These are all signs of being sexually aroused. There is no right or wrong way though so don't panic and if you don't feel like that about anything that is normal too!

I hope some of this helps you Marv, feel free to ask me anything else about this.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

@Remi I'm glad I decided to ask here too, I don't like typing stuff like that into Google, never know what you might get. I'm really happy I did too, thank you! I never got informed of any of this stuff, so I have no idea. To be honest, I don't even know how a female masturbates - if that's to graphic for here, then don't say. I always thought I was asexual too, but recently I think I've felt a couple of the things you've said. No rush, I'm still discovering myself. Thank you so much Remi!!

PS: I didn't know you could stop your internet searches showing up ha! I'll go do that now haha.

Hello Marv,

I think Teen Vogue did an awesome article on how to masturbate a few years ago - here it is - https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-to-masturbate-if-you-have-a-vagina. It gives you a step by step guide about how to do it and what it feels like to orgasm.

Happy reading :)

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello Marv,

I think Teen Vogue did an awesome article on how to masturbate a few years ago - here it is - https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-to-masturbate-if-you-have-a-vagina. It gives you a step by step guide about how to do it and what it feels like to orgasm.

Happy reading :)

Never thought I'd look at an article like that haa. Yeek, I don't think I feel positively about it

Edited by Marv