Hello, me and my brief journey of life

Mental health warrior    

Hi, I’m new here I found this movement on Twitter and wanted to join, I was bullied for 5 years of my life during my school years it was non stop and I hated every moment of school, I now have anxiety and depression and PTSD from all the trauma of it. I hate who I am sometimes and wish I wasn’t here or I could just run away and be alone for a while. Anyone out there who has gone through something similar? Thanks

Hello @Mental health warrior

From your username, we can see that you are a warrior!

We are so sorry that you have experienced bullying and that the effects are still with you now. Bullying has huge effects on our sense of self-worth and self-esteem. It is so important for you to remind yourself that the bullying was not your fault and that there was nothing you could have done to prevent it.

Do you currently see anyone, like a therapist for your PTSD?

You aren't alone in this and there are other people out there that are feeling just like you are right now well done for sharing how you feel with us here.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Funnily enough actually I have started to see a therapist today, it was a little bit emotional going over everything that has happened in my past and she has told me to be prepared for having to relive what has happened by having to go over it. How do I handle that ? What if I’m not ready?

Hello @Mental health warrior

I know it is daunting but you won't be going through it alone .- you will have your therapist there with you as you go through it and they have gone through years of training to support you through something like this.

A lot of the time we do not know we are ready for something until it comes time to do it.

Wishing you the best of luck and let us know how it is going with your new therapist.

REMI

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.