Leaving?

SpnWinchester    

for a long time my home life has been pretty toxic. I have emotionally abusive siblings and parents would have physically and emotionally neglected me since I was little. I'm now 17 and have severe mental health issues. I've decided to leave home and move into supported housing away from home. I'm scared and don't know if this is gonna be a good thing or the biggest mistake ever. I know that they longer I'm subjected to the abuse at home the worse my mental health gets. so do I really have a choice

Hello @SpnWinchester

What a brave choice you are making. I also moved out when I was 17 because of a toxic situation at home and for me it was the right decision and I now have a good relationship wit my family. It is supported housing so you will be able to have a key worker that will be able to support you through the transition and will work with getting you into mental health services. It takes a lot to remove yourself from situations that are not serving you, it may not be easy all of the time but do you feel like it is the best choice for you right now?

I'm sorry you are going through this and wish you luck for this next chapter in your life.

Also ask lots of questions at the supported housing so you know exactly what you are going into as this may set you at ease, do you have the opportunity to speak to someone else your age?

Keep us updated with what you decide.

Remi

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.