Am I too young to like someone?

Isoflute    

Hi,

I always thought I would t be liking someone till year 10-11 but it turns out that I’ve caught feelings for this boy in my tech group. And we spoke to each other and it turns out that he likes me too but we want to get to know each other before we take anything seriously. So we face time and text a lot and he makes me really happy but I’m going into year 9 so am I too young to be feeling and thinking like this. And I don’t know weather to tell my parents about how I feel or not. Any advice?

Hello @Isoflute

This is great news! There isn't any right or wrong age to start liking someone and it can be different for everyone - it usually springs up when you least expect it. Just enjoy this feeling now and know that is is completely normal for someone of your age to have a crush. Is he really nice? I don't think you have to tell your parents but it all depends on what kind of relationship you have with them and if it's something you would like to share with them - it's your call.

We're happy for you XD

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi Remi and thank you.

At the moment we’re just talking and we both like each other but we don’t want to rush into anything cuz we’re so young. But yes he is really nice and if I’m feeling down he’ll try to chear me up an he’s really understanding if I need a me day. Our relationship is nothing more than face time and messages with an x on the end which is why I don’t feel the need to tell my parents yet. Do you think that’s ok?

I had a relationship in grade 2... then again, I'm 14 now and none of my relationships have reached the 6 month mark even... but if you truly feel those feelings go for it, meanwhile if your not fully wanting to do it then dont drag on a relationship and let him down by ending it later... or, at least have a longer relationship than any of mine... 😎

Hey @Anonymous22

You will have your whole life ahead of you to maybe be with someone if you want to but if I were you I would just enjoy your teen years with your friends as it is a really special time. It is better to be single and happy than in a relationship that isn't right every time.

Thanks for giving some great advice :)

​​​​​​​

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.