Hi there... advice please?

blueskye15    

Lately I've really been struggling with loving, or even just liking my body. I'm 15, about 5'5" and around 170lbs, but I have a fairly athletic build. I'm self conscious in general, but I definitely have more problems when it comes to clothes shopping. The last few times I've gone it turns into a total meltdown in the dressing room, unless its something I don't need to try on. I just feel like its just draining to even try shopping. I'm going to a wedding at the end of the summer, and I'm 100% dreading going shopping for a dress to wear. I will admit that this has also affected my eating habits, I don't always eat much at all in a day, but I just feel so guilty when I do sometimes. I really just don't know what to do anymore. Any advice?

Edited by blueskye15

Hello @blueskye15

You sound like a perfectly normal and healthy weight right now. So many of us struggle with loving our bodies as society has conditioned us to nitpick and pull apart so many parts of ourselves and we are constantly comparing ourselves to others. But I want you to remember that we are all born different and we are not meant to nor is it physically possible for us to all look the same.

Missing meals isn't a good idea, but it's great that you shared that with us here. There is nothing guilty about eating, it is what keeps us alive and sustains us. The best way to keep a healthy eating routine is to eat regularly so your body can metabolise your food.

How exciting that you are off to a wedding, could you try and prepare for it as early as possible so you can try a few different things on and you know what to expect.

Have a read over this article written by the lovely bodi positive activist Kitty Underhill and if you have instagram try to unfollow all of the people you follow that make you feel bad about yourself or put you down and follow accounts of people that have the same body type as you.

We are here for you,

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello @blueskye15

You sound like a perfectly normal and healthy weight right now. So many of us struggle with loving our bodies as society has conditioned us to nitpick and pull apart so many parts of ourselves and we are constantly comparing ourselves to others. But I want you to remember that we are all born different and we are not meant to nor is it physically possible for us to all look the same.

Missing meals isn't a good idea, but it's great that you shared that with us here. There is nothing guilty about eating, it is what keeps us alive and sustains us. The best way to keep a healthy eating routine is to eat regularly so your body can metabolise your food.

How exciting that you are off to a wedding, could you try and prepare for it as early as possible so you can try a few different things on and you know what to expect.

Have a read over this article written by the lovely bodi positive activist Kitty Underhill and if you have instagram try to unfollow all of the people you follow that make you feel bad about yourself or put you down and follow accounts of people that have the same body type as you.

We are here for you,

Remi

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice and I'll try and work on things