Is it possible to be trans without dysphoria?

Cia    

After doing research on binding I decided that is might be cool to wear a binder. The thing is, I don't hate my chest or any other part of my body. I tjust hink I would feel happier if I could be/dress more masculine. Maybe that makes me gnc or non-binary, but I just want to be sure.

I just did some research and not all trans people have dysphoria, if you want to be a boy but don't hate being a girl, it's okay. I like to think about it like you want vanilla ice cream but you have strawberry, you prefer the vanilla but the strawberry is also okay too. I admit it's stupid but I like simplified examples. I actually thought about being a boy but I don't mind being a girl.

Hello @Cia

I feel that gender can be performative and that there is no 'right' way or 'wrong' way to be a boy or a girl and therefore it is entirely your choice how you want to dress or live however it may mean that you are not trans and that you just want to be more masculine in your dress.

Its your experience so only you will know how you feel so just take it easy and do what feels right for you, there won't be any way of being sure apart from just taking time to get to know yourself and find an identity that works for you and makes you feel comfortable.

I hope this helps, Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello @Cia

That term isn't very nice I don't think as no one else can label someone else's experience whether or not they are trans themselves. I would say please don't rush to but any kind of labels on your identity yet and only a qualified Dr can diagnose you with dysphoria and as I said by wanting to bind does not make you any less of a woman if that's how you want to perform your femininity.

I hope this clarified things a little more for you.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.