How do I support a partner with PTSD and severe depression

Trekasocks    

My girlfriend hasn't been able to get any good therapy due to her financial situation and the NHS mental health services are absolutely useless in our area (they took her off treatment when she was actually starting to get better). But since what she had chronic. Im the only one she has any more and I want to help her more but I'm not great on how I can help her. Any support would be great

• Ditch the Label Staff

@Trekasocks Firstly, I know you're not looking for praise, but it awesome you're such a supportive partner and wanting to do the best thing. Have you asked her what help is useful to her as a starting point? Some people just want someone to listen and some want actually practical help for example. (Sorry if you are way past this point).

Also, what approximate area are you in? (You don't have to answer of course or give an exact area - even 'London' / 'The Midlands' etc can be helpful in nailing down what is available.) I can look for voluntary / charity services that may be able to offer ongoing, free / very low cost support.

Staff-Account.png