Just all alone

JillO    

Hi,

I'm just feeling really ugly and worthless today (not unusual) and completely alone. There are so many things going on in my life that bring me zero joy. I know I'm not good at motivating myself anymore and I think I have no passion for anything anymore either. No true support in my life, but hey, here I am, a ray of sunshine in a room full of strangers.

Hey @JillO

You are definitely not ugly or worthless and this world needs you. Okay, so we all struggle with motivation from time to time and it's alright to feel like this. What did you used to be passionate about? What are some things that you used to want to do.

Why don't you just start small by going out for a walk and just noticing some beauty in the world again? What are the things that bring you no joy? Can you not stop doing any of them. Remember the wise words of Marie Kondo, "if it does not spark joy" get rid!!

We wrote this article about some ways to overcome loneliness https://www.ditchthelabel.org/7-tips-combating-loneliness/ that may help you to read, let us know if any tips have stuck out and helped you.

Sending lots of solidarity,

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.