Who am I?

Artemis    

Hello... I don't know what to do. Well I've never been with a girl and have only dated guys but over the years I've developed feelings for my bestfriend who is also a girl, she told me that she too had dreams of us but she has found her someone and is getting married I'm very happy for her and yes I do love her but I have let it go peacefully. Of course now I'm confused and mostly feel like I don't belong in any title I no I'm not straight, yes I do find men attractive but I also like females and are more physically attractive to them than men but I dont feel like I'm bi and I'm not asexual as I'm not into romantic relationships but sexual is still there. I want someone to be there like a capainion over I could develop romantic feelings but in the end I'm confused do I say none of the above to all labels?

Hi artemis, i have a friend who is in the same situation as you. It's okay to be pan-sexual. we all have different interest. have you tried to confront her about your true feelings yet? Do you like her more than a friend? If you do, try to tell her. She will understand how you feel.

Hello @Artemis

Welcome to the community.

Mixing friendships with romantic feelings can be a recipe for disaster and especially if she is getting married and in a committed relationship it may just add lots of awkwardness to your friendship and cause pain to you. But that's just my opinion.

It sounds like you could be bisexual or pansexual - the label isn't too important. We are all different and so is our sexuality. If you feel like you are attracted to both men and women it is possible you could be. Asexuality just means you aren't interested in having sex with anyone romance doesn't need to interplay. A lot of us don't identify as 100% straight so don't worry you aren't alone.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.