Dating

leahbanks812    

I feel like everyone at least dates one person during high school... I am going into my senior year and have literally never had a boyfriend or girlfriend... I’m not ugly and I have a ton of friends, it just doesn’t add up. It is really is taking a toll on my self esteem because I don’t know what is wrong with me. I also talk to guys and girls often and become close to the point where I start to believe they may be a potential partner but it seems that nothing ever goes any further than a hookup. Is there something wrong with me???! Furthermore, I feel like my love life has gone downhill in the past year, I struggle with finding potential dates and I have no problem with asking a guy or girl on a date but I never meet new people who aren’t already dating someone!

Hey there @leahbanks812

Please don't worry! There is no right time to get into a relationship and it definitely doesn't say anything about you that you haven't found the right person yet. And whats more, we CANNOT validate ourselves through whoever we are dating. Meeting the right person takes time and connection and you have to fall inlove with yourself first before you can pursue that with someone else.

If you do want to start meeting people though, then find someone that you have common interests with or that you get along with and that you actually want to date.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you!

:)

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.