Letting someone down

Anthony IV    

So I dont know the kid personally, he's from my clan on a game on my phone. Anyway, a couple if days a go he posted to the clan that his brother committed suicide. He was distraught, because they had a great relationship. I said that we were there for him if he needed anything. He was ok for a while, then at about 10 last night, he said that he couldn't take life anymore. At 11, he said that he knew we didn't care and left the clan. I found this in the morning. I am really taking this personally because I was up at that time watching the Cubs game, with my phone on my lap. I feel like I let him down because I said I would be there but I wasn't, and now I dont know if he's even alive anymore. I feel horrible, like I failed. I let someone kill themselves. I'm a horrible person

Hello Anthony,

This sounds like a very distressing situation. Hopefully, your friend is okay and just hasn't been online. Could you report his disappearance to the game? They may be able to contact him and trace his IP.

You haven't let anyone down or done anything wrong, losing his brother and his depression are all things you have no control over and all you can do when supporting a friend is do your best but we can never be everything for someone else. You are not a horrible person.

We hope you are okay and that you get in contact with him soon.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.