Hiiiiiii :)

sadfatpotato    

Hi friends :) I'm Nicole, from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm new here, just joined, and I'm currently going through a lot of anxiety contemplating whether I should tell my parents I'm bisexual or not. I've recently started dating a girl and I don't want to keep our relationship a secret, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to come out yet...

@sadfatpotato I get that. I went through that too. Especially because my parents are hetero. One day I got so stressed my mom noticed and asked me what was wrong. I told her I wasn't ready to say, but she could guess. I am bi was her first guess and that was that. But, now I think I might be lesbian, and I don't know. Does anyone have any advice? But, if your heart tells you to come out, it's probably the best thing to do. Remember you know yourself better than anyone else, and if anyone treats you badly for who you are, that's their problem, not yours. A true friend loves you for whoever you are. You can do this!

Hey @sadfatpotato

Welcome to our community - we are so happy to have you here!

Rule number one is that you should never have to come out before YOU are ready. Why do you feel like you aren't ready? I would suggest just enjoying your new relationship without having someone else to worry about adding more angst into the relationship so you and your partner can just try to get to know each other first without having the pressure of your family..

What do you think? Try to listen to your heart.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.