Am I bisexual "enough"?

Celia    

I'm an 18 year old girl who just finished high school. Since the age of 13 or so i knew i was attracted to guys, but at that age also had a semi-sexual experience with a girl, and liked it. I brushed it off as me just being hormonal, and for the next three years i was genuinly exclusively attracted to guys, until I was 16 and fell hard for a girl. I was madly in love (from a distance) for a year or so, and felt more for her than I'd ever felt for a guy. Still though, besides from her I've only been slightly attracted to a few girls.. What does this make me? I want to date a girl, have a realationship with a girl and marry a girl, but for the most part I'm only sexually into guys not girls.. however i've never liked a guy romantically. Am I like a homoromantic heterosexual who sometimes get sexual feelings for women too? I'm so confused as to wether I can call myself bi or not. I feel like I'd have to prove myself and force feelings that aren't there.

Edited by Celia

Hello @Celia

To me it sounds like you may be bisexual, if you are attracted to both men and women. It doesn't have to be exactly the same for each gender and you can like one more than the other and that change. Remember labels are only there as a guide and it's your sexuality and you can define it however you would like to.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone, you can still be bisexual and have never had any sort of physical interaction with either gender. It is your choice entirely, If I were you, I would just enjoy getting to know yourself and your sexuality without putting any pressure on yourself.

You are enough in every sense of the word! :)

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

@Celia Interesting; I'm and 18 year old girl and I've just finished high school. I have an extremely similar story to you, it's kinda scary actually.

So, when I was probably around 14, 15 I video called a girl, we'd made friends, i guess, over a game; but as soon as I called her, it was like a shot in the face. I was totally blown away by her. She was stunning. Short story, I freaked out, logged out o f skype and never logged back in.

Now, I go by the bisexual label. Now, this is where it gets complicated. I've only really liked two guys in my 18 years. Sure, I've looked at some guys like 'mm you're okay', but nothing like these 2. One of them was a youtuber, the other a close friend, who I'm currently dating. However, through dating him, I've realised that I'm pretty damn sure I'd rather be with a girl. I feel no sexual attraction to guys or girls. I get jealous when I see girl x girl couples. So for a bit, I've been thinking that maybe I an lesbian. But since talking to Remi and other people, I could just be bi, but swing more to girls than guys. Simple as. As Remi said, you define your sexuality. You could say bisexual to people who ask/wonder/if you get into a conversation about just to easily define it? But in truth, I think you're bisexual (in that category), but you decide EXACTLY how you define yourself. It's tricky to define, I'm struggling myself, but you'll get there! :D

Hello @Celia

To me it sounds like you may be bisexual, if you are attracted to both men and women. It doesn't have to be exactly the same for each gender and you can like one more than the other and that change. Remember labels are only there as a guide and it's your sexuality and you can define it however you would like to.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone, you can still be bisexual and have never had any sort of physical interaction with either gender. It is your choice entirely, If I were you, I would just enjoy getting to know yourself and your sexuality without putting any pressure on yourself.

You are enough in every sense of the word! :)

-Remi

Thanks! That helped a lot, i guess I shouldn't stress it too much. I've been coming in and out of the closet for the last two years, and both are equally stressful... so I'll just wait it out and feel what I feel:))

@Celia Interesting; I'm and 18 year old girl and I've just finished high school. I have an extremely similar story to you, it's kinda scary actually.

So, when I was probably around 14, 15 I video called a girl, we'd made friends, i guess, over a game; but as soon as I called her, it was like a shot in the face. I was totally blown away by her. She was stunning. Short story, I freaked out, logged out o f skype and never logged back in.

Now, I go by the bisexual label. Now, this is where it gets complicated. I've only really liked two guys in my 18 years. Sure, I've looked at some guys like 'mm you're okay', but nothing like these 2. One of them was a youtuber, the other a close friend, who I'm currently dating. However, through dating him, I've realised that I'm pretty damn sure I'd rather be with a girl. I feel no sexual attraction to guys or girls. I get jealous when I see girl x girl couples. So for a bit, I've been thinking that maybe I an lesbian. But since talking to Remi and other people, I could just be bi, but swing more to girls than guys. Simple as. As Remi said, you define your sexuality. You could say bisexual to people who ask/wonder/if you get into a conversation about just to easily define it? But in truth, I think you're bisexual (in that category), but you decide EXACTLY how you define yourself. It's tricky to define, I'm struggling myself, but you'll get there! :D

Hmmm ya that sounds kinda the same. I also get jealous when I see those couples, they're so freaking cute and I want that. I hope you'll get there too! I guess "questioning" serves its function meanwhile:) for me anyways. Good luck!

@Celia I'm still questioning too, don't worry. I am starting to think I'm simple bisexual, and I'm happy to go with that, but I know what I like and what I'd like, which is most important. :)

@Celia I'm still questioning too, don't worry. I am starting to think I'm simple bisexual, and I'm happy to go with that, but I know what I like and what I'd like, which is most important. :)

That's great! I'm happy for you:) own it