I think I’m getting panic attacks but don’t want to worry my mum what should I do ?

h1111111hs    

Hello,

Panic attacks can feel so horrible so I understand why this would be bothering you. They are normal and lots of people can suffer with them. They stem from anxiety and stress, so are there any triggers you notice that happen before you have a panic attack?

If you can recognise what might be causing them you may be able to take yourself from a 10 and back down to a 3.

When you are having the panic attack: Try to focus on something you can feel, something you can smell, something you can taste, something you can touch. Try and count your breaths and count backwards from 30. Just focus on your breathe and remind yourseld that you are going to be okay.

You could ask your Mum if you could book an appointment to see the Dr and talk to tgem about it aswell.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello,

That's okay for now just focus how to manage when they are there and you can do work with a counsellor in the future to work out triggers.

Have a read over this article it has some really good tips for when you feel you are having a panic attack again.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/10-quick-things-panic-attack/

Hey @h1111111hs

Can you talk me through what happens when you have a panic attack from start to finish? What is going on in your mind and in your body?

-Remi

I don’t know when they occur I get think when they happen it’s like my body has no control and then the feel like there gonna go and then it happens again and then it just goes and I feel really tired

Hi @h1111111hs

Panic attacks like Remi said are awful.

If you can, try and recognise the exact reason for them. I've had panic attacks and it has to be extremely specific circumstances for them to happen. I get them, it sounds silly, if I can't sleep and I have something important the next day. I used to get them as a kid when I couldn't sleep sometimes. I nearly had one a few years ago too; I went on a school trip to Italy and my friend was snoring, my sister was asleep, and it was about 2am. I panicked. So, what you need to try and do, is work out specifically what causes them.

Also, your mom is there to help; if they're bothering you a lot, I'd tell her. Text her, tell her face to face, what ever. It's probably best she knows :)

You could also, like Remi said, try a doctor's appointment.They could help.

Edited by Marv